Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Key Points on PVP and PVE content

I don't know if the dev team will even read this but i know the team is trying the make the next perfect MMO and what i saw so far could really be it.

BUT for PVE and PVP what i personnally expect :

PVE content : People who play pve content often like :
-Big mobs
-Diversity in pve content
-Different difficulty mode for each dungeon with some additionnal things with each difficulty and different mobs mechanics
-PVE content implemented in main Quest
-Grinding pve gear

PVP content :
People who play pvp content often like :
- PVP gear grind
- PVP Ranking
- Diversity in pvp mode and maps
- Fluid combat style and diversity in builds (Rift is a good example with the ''Soul Tree'' even if a pretty much dead game)

Having 2 type of gear PVP and PVE gear is so much funnier than just one type of gear. And by grinding gear i'm not talking about infinite gear treadmill. It can be nice but it can ruin the game too.

Kind Regards

Comments

• Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    There wont be two types of gear and there wont be a separation of PvP and PvE.
    This will never change no mattee the hundreds posts regarding the matter.
  • Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    There wont be two types of gear and there wont be a separation of PvP and PvE.
    This will never change no mattee the hundreds posts regarding the matter.

Yes, and that is because this is neither a PvE nor PvP game, it is PvX.

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    TalentsTalents Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited January 2022
    You seem to have the wrong idea about what PvE and PvP is like in Ashes. In most scenarios PvE and PvP isn't separated. The large majority of dungeons and raids are open-world which means other players can attack you while you and your group do them.

The gear is not separated into PvE and PvP gear.

The game is basically supposed to be Steven's version of Lineage 2/ArcheAge, not games like WoW, FF14, or ESO.
    nI17Ea4.png
  • Options
    Your school clothes are your play clothes.
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png