Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Couple ideas :)

Hello,

Some of these points are maybe already discussed in forums. I have played some MMORPG games, so here is some points:
PVP = player vs player
PVM = player vs monster
PK = Player killer

Multiboxing/autoplay:
- I hope you get somekind of policy on those.
- Those mess game in long run.

Building houses:
- I hope we could build in wild nature, not only in towns.
- PK (player killers) or other lone wolfs could have own houses out of towns. (Pay to buy or normal in game)
- I hope that building houses could also make in way that you create construction mission for others to fill or fill it itself. Others also get reward by filling it. Maker is paying it. "jobs for other players".
- Build own castle in mountains or in coast :)

PVP:
- I hope there would be open world PVP, where you can PK almost all time. Well in towns, not allowed, or killed by guards (NPC).. etc..
- PVP could also have some "dungeon" style arenas.
- PVP/PVM ranking stuffs what you can follow from AoC main page. World wide ranking...
- If there is many servers, some pvp could be done with mixed servers.
- I hope PK players get their name "red" or something else. Corrupted or something, that all can see those players.
- I also hope there is somekind of "bounty hunting" system, that players can make mission to other players with rewards to kill other players (PKs).
- Killing PK give you honor or fame or something, that give you more luck or something..
- Somekind of fame system would be nice.

Open dungeons:
- I like idea, that higher lvl players can help lower lvls and clear dungeon or help on tanking or something else.
- Could also lead to mess, if somebody want to PK ppls in dungeons, etc.. but it is also nice :)
- Raid is hunting 1-10 PKs.

Character versatility:
- I hope char is not logged only on 1 play style "tank" "doc" "dd".
- I hope char play style can be changed by armors/items/weapons/spells/ on other style. Ofc not so good as "main" style.

Goal in game:
- I hope you find somekind of goal in game, what all want to get or complete.
- I hope game doesn't develope in future in away that when you earn some armors or spells, they are not anymore usefull in next year, or something like that. Means you need to start from 0 again..
- When you have got those "uber" stuffs you are cool lets say 1-2 year and even after that.
- Maybe can combine "old goldies" from old dungeons with new dungeons items, to make old items better. It also make ppls to raid more old dungeons etc.. keep game alive on all lvls.
- Some dominance in areas/dugeons/castles/... or resources or something else?

Dying in game:
- "soul" or "essense" is pulled toward closest Ank.
- I hope some classes could have Ank with them (maybe on higher lvls), so when you die this soul could go near that player.
- I hope you lose some of your stuffs when you die.
- So items could be nondrop, and stay safe even die.
- Reward for PKs :) (money, items, armors, ...)

Mounts:
- I hope mounts can carry more items like mule.

Max lvl:
- Lets say 100 is max lvl. :)

Skills system:
- There will be maybe many grafting and other skills.
- I hope it use 0-100 style and you could get some skills to 120 with some items.
- Learn by doing.

Ability system:
- Normal str, stam, agi, int, sense, psy,
- You can focus abilitys on some or on all etc..
- Learn by doing.
- Twinking in game is nice. You need some ability items to "boost" ability to wear some armors or weapons etc.. This is not in many games..
- By evading you learn agility.. and by casting spells you learn int/psy.. by hitting weapons you learn str...

Wearing armors and weapons:
- I hope it is not only lvl locked..
- I hope you need certain ability to wear stuffs on, and why not some skills.
- With higher abilitys you can wear heavier weapons etc..

Social stuffs:
- I hope you can wear normal stuffs and social stuff same time, etc..
- You could "fall in love" with your char..

Playing:
- I hope it is not just could buttons you need press.. some basic melee stuffs and evade, could be like that..
- Lets say magic could be by pressing buttons, so you can select different spells from "spellbook". Some of those could keybinded etc..

There was some ideas and hopes.. :)
Br,
Everqu

Comments

• Ooh some of those ideas are already in game. Nice!! I found wiki, there is nicely told what is coming :).
    Br,
    Everqu
  • tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I think you will really love this game, I hope you end up on my server.
  • TalentsTalents Member, Intrepid Pack
    Please read up on the game first.
    nI17Ea4.png
  • JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    Everqu wrote: »
    Hello,

Some of these points are maybe already discussed in forums. I have played some MMORPG games, so here is some points:
    PVP = player vs player
    PVM = player vs monster
    PK = Player killer

Multiboxing/autoplay:
    - I hope you get somekind of policy on those.
    - Those mess game in long run.

Building houses:
    - I hope we could build in wild nature, not only in towns.
    - PK (player killers) or other lone wolfs could have own houses out of towns. (Pay to buy or normal in game)
    - I hope that building houses could also make in way that you create construction mission for others to fill or fill it itself. Others also get reward by filling it. Maker is paying it. "jobs for other players".
    - Build own castle in mountains or in coast :)

PVP:
    - I hope there would be open world PVP, where you can PK almost all time. Well in towns, not allowed, or killed by guards (NPC).. etc..
    - PVP could also have some "dungeon" style arenas.
    - PVP/PVM ranking stuffs what you can follow from AoC main page. World wide ranking...
    - If there is many servers, some pvp could be done with mixed servers.
    - I hope PK players get their name "red" or something else. Corrupted or something, that all can see those players.
    - I also hope there is somekind of "bounty hunting" system, that players can make mission to other players with rewards to kill other players (PKs).
    - Killing PK give you honor or fame or something, that give you more luck or something..
    - Somekind of fame system would be nice.

Open dungeons:
    - I like idea, that higher lvl players can help lower lvls and clear dungeon or help on tanking or something else.
    - Could also lead to mess, if somebody want to PK ppls in dungeons, etc.. but it is also nice :)
    - Raid is hunting 1-10 PKs.

Character versatility:
    - I hope char is not logged only on 1 play style "tank" "doc" "dd".
    - I hope char play style can be changed by armors/items/weapons/spells/ on other style. Ofc not so good as "main" style.

Goal in game:
    - I hope you find somekind of goal in game, what all want to get or complete.
    - I hope game doesn't develope in future in away that when you earn some armors or spells, they are not anymore usefull in next year, or something like that. Means you need to start from 0 again..
    - When you have got those "uber" stuffs you are cool lets say 1-2 year and even after that.
    - Maybe can combine "old goldies" from old dungeons with new dungeons items, to make old items better. It also make ppls to raid more old dungeons etc.. keep game alive on all lvls.
    - Some dominance in areas/dugeons/castles/... or resources or something else?

Dying in game:
    - "soul" or "essense" is pulled toward closest Ank.
    - I hope some classes could have Ank with them (maybe on higher lvls), so when you die this soul could go near that player.
    - I hope you lose some of your stuffs when you die.
    - So items could be nondrop, and stay safe even die.
    - Reward for PKs :) (money, items, armors, ...)

Mounts:
    - I hope mounts can carry more items like mule.

Max lvl:
    - Lets say 100 is max lvl. :)

Skills system:
    - There will be maybe many grafting and other skills.
    - I hope it use 0-100 style and you could get some skills to 120 with some items.
    - Learn by doing.

Ability system:
    - Normal str, stam, agi, int, sense, psy,
    - You can focus abilitys on some or on all etc..
    - Learn by doing.
    - Twinking in game is nice. You need some ability items to "boost" ability to wear some armors or weapons etc.. This is not in many games..
    - By evading you learn agility.. and by casting spells you learn int/psy.. by hitting weapons you learn str...

Wearing armors and weapons:
    - I hope it is not only lvl locked..
    - I hope you need certain ability to wear stuffs on, and why not some skills.
    - With higher abilitys you can wear heavier weapons etc..

Social stuffs:
    - I hope you can wear normal stuffs and social stuff same time, etc..
    - You could "fall in love" with your char..

Playing:
    - I hope it is not just could buttons you need press.. some basic melee stuffs and evade, could be like that..
    - Lets say magic could be by pressing buttons, so you can select different spells from "spellbook". Some of those could keybinded etc..

There was some ideas and hopes.. :)

I think a better idea would be for people to actually research the game before blindly putting down ideas.

To understand Ashes you can hit up

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/ and https://ashes101.com/

About 75% of what you want is already in the game
    hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101
  • Hey,

Well just it looks like they are making nice game.
    Wiki was good place of info, but not so "easy" to found as new here. Found it from Discord.
    Ashes101 looks also nice page. Ty for those links.
    Those two links would be nice to have in main page here in Forums..
    Br,
    Everqu
  • bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Welcome to all the fun. Hang out on the forums with all the cool kids(and Tulnar haters).
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Just FYI, "multiboxing" is allowed. You pretty much can't ban it. If you have two different people in the same household on separate computers playing different accounts, it looks exactly the same as one person on two computers in the same house using two different accounts. Unless you have a webcam spying on that house, you can't confirm that they are two different people. And since it would be insane to only allow one person per household to play the game (banning legitimate customers) that isn't going to happen.

But they do have an indirect way to keep multiboxing from being a problem. Running multiple accounts on multiple computers is really only feasible with certain scripts and other third party software that can manage multiple character independently. One person can't spread their arms out like an octopus and play multiple computers simultaneously. So what Intrepid is doing, is hoping to use tools that search for the presence of those tools, or look for behaviors that suggest a person is running characters in an automatic fashion. If those measures work, then abusive multiboxing shouldn't be a problem.

I agree though that most of the rest of your hopes are pretty close to what the game is planning to implement as features. I also endorse Ashes101, it's a great resource and really helps get a lot of info in a format that's easy to understand, and easy to search.

Hhak63P.png