Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

That moment when...

SathragoSathrago Member
edited January 2022 in General Discussion
You realize that its January now and there are still no new updates on the orcs. T_T I could have sworn that Steven said we would be getting updates on them towards the end of the year, but I cannot for the life of me find the quote. I know we got a description and some pictures a few months ago but that was not what he was talking about afaik.
5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu

Comments

• sneaky orc so nasty tulnar not see sharp stick come
  • VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Looked myself, found nothing. Sounds familiar.

Maybe we are both from the same alternate reality where he said that...
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I say skip the Cannon fodder and bring on the Tulnar.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Datz becuz deyz purple orkz
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • Vhaeyne wrote: »
    Looked myself, found nothing. Sounds familiar.

Maybe we are both from the same alternate reality where he said that...

It was when he was discussing the dwarves, he was saying something about having them both come out at the same time.
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
  • AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I am so interested in the Ren'Kai, I want to know as much about them as I can.

I haz a sad that I wasn't able to Orc in Alpha 1. :(

Hhak63P.png
  • DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Steven doesn't have a great track record with dates....
    :)
  • Did he specify the end of which year...?! :p:D
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • I also think I heard Steven say something about Ren'kai before the end of the year. I'm not sure I fancy listening to ~7-8 months worth of livestreams to find out.
    Possible outcomes:
    1) exact quote of a broken promise. [I would be disappointed both in Steven and for Steven]
    2) Ren'kai were stated as "should" by the end of the year, or otherwise caveat-ed. [I would be 'meh']
    3) I lose 10? hours of my life and learn nothing. [I would be depressed]
    None of the above tell me any details about the Ren'kai.
    For me, it's something to look forward to during the long wait for A2.
    Forum_Signature.png
  • McMackMuck wrote: »
    I also think I heard Steven say something about Ren'kai before the end of the year. I'm not sure I fancy listening to ~7-8 months worth of livestreams to find out.
    Possible outcomes:
    1) exact quote of a broken promise. [I would be disappointed both in Steven and for Steven]
    2) Ren'kai were stated as "should" by the end of the year, or otherwise caveat-ed. [I would be 'meh']
    3) I lose 10? hours of my life and learn nothing. [I would be depressed]
    None of the above tell me any details about the Ren'kai.
    For me, it's something to look forward to during the long wait for A2.

I'm willing for you to make that sacrifice for us all.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited January 2022
    I am actually watching all the videos on the Ashes youtube in chronological order. I started last fall. I've just gotten to the first Dev Diary in march 2019. I'll let you know in a few months if I find anything in the more recent videos. :D
  • Happymeal2415Happymeal2415 Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited January 2022
    Pretty sure it's the September live stream with the node simulation that he says it in. Could be wrong
  • TalentsTalents Member, Intrepid Pack
    As others have said, Steven and dates aren't the best combo. We were also supposed to see "a lot" of the archetypes before the end of last year but it didn't happen because they're still working on the combat system.
    nI17Ea4.png
  • AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited January 2022
    So, they are transparent and show what they've worked on, and they are very careful to be up-front about how animation is very unpolished and needs more passes. They even specifically talk about ways they will improve it, having more impactful combat animations, adding the feeling of weight, toning down the flashy effects away from the defaults that came from the engine. And then people watch those videos and gripe about the things that they specifically say they're going to change.

So yeah, Intrepid Studios, if you feel you're not ready to show the systems that aren't fully realized yet, DON'T. Don't give the savages more chum to put them in a frenzy. If you need to take your time to get it right, do that.

Hhak63P.png
  • DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited January 2022
    Show; not tell.
    Show; not tell.
    It's OK.

They will show when Steven is ready.