Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Can We Please Have Our Cosmetic Building Questions Answered?

13»

Comments

• Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    People can call Ashes scam if they want to.
    Can't please all of the people al of the time.

The devs are not forcing anyone to buy the Freehold cosmetics.
    If you don't trust that they will work as you hope, don't purchase them.
  • Options
    ShoelidShoelid Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Atama wrote: »
    "It's a big reason why people call Ashes a scam?" That doesn't seem completely made up at all. :/
    It's not made up. I've been following the reddit presence of Ashes for a long time now and a significant (though decreasing) portion of commenters are always questioning validity of its development, calling it a scam because they're selling hundreds of dollars of cosmetics with no actual product.
    It's a building skin. That's what it "does". It changes the appearance of a freehold building you own. None of those facts are in question. Your suggestions are borderline insane, and I'm not sure you understand what this thread is even about.

People are questioning whether or not a skin will alter the appearance of an entire freehold (the way a costume alters the appearance of all a player's gear), or if it will just change the appearance of one building. People are questioning whether a skin can be applied to any building, or just certain ones. Those are the questions people have. Not whether it is "a model you place on a shelf in your house".

If you think that an orrery has to be tiny, you must have never watched the movie The Dark Crystal (which I'm sure inspired this cosmetic).

I'm sure your comments here are just exaggerations to make a point, but I don't think they're extremely helpful.

A bit of an exaggeration, yes, but Margaret Krohn said:
    To clarify in regards to this specific thread, yes, the Leyline Orrery can be placed on your house as a housing cosmetic.

If one were to read that with emphasis on "the Leyline Orrery can be placed on your house", then they might understand that as "The orrery is an addition to my house" in the same way that "The chair is an addition to my patio". House being a specific building, rather than your entire property. My point being that the language is extremely vague to the point that the only thing they can confirm is that it will have something to do with your house. Hence, the creation of this thread.

There are plenty of questions to ask even if we assume it replaces one of your buildings: How big is it? Can you stand on the orrery's arms? Do the arms of the orrery move? How fast do they move? Can you stand on them while they move?

No, I haven't seen The Dark Crystal but I don't need to watch some movie to imagine an orrery being used as a planetarium.

If anything's not extremely helpful, it would be calling me borderline insane and saying I don't know what I'm talking about. If you don't think I made much sense, tell me and I'll be happy to elaborate; I'm trying to have a conversation, not an argument.
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    That the Leyline Orrery is a skin is already a known answer.
    The devs are not going to waste time answering that.
    Steven hopes that followers who know that the monthly cosmetics are skins will share that answer when the encounter questions like that.

Just because you ask a question, doesn't mean that Steven will answer it.
    Doesn't matter how many times you ask it.
    We will learn about Nodes 3 when Steven is ready to share that info.
    Same for details about Bard, Summoner and Rogue.
    Same for the Cometic Building questions.

Probable better to push for these answers when we start seeing Alpha 2 info being shared.
  • Options
    This is the main reason I haven't bought an A2 pack yet, I have no idea what these skins go on.
  • Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited April 2022
    Shoelid wrote: »
    It's not made up. I've been following the reddit presence of Ashes for a long time now and a significant (though decreasing) portion of commenters are always questioning validity of its development, calling it a scam because they're selling hundreds of dollars of cosmetics with no actual product.

No matter what happens, the internet will never run out of stupid people.

Reddit in particular is one place they like to gather.

It’s full of anti-vaxxers, conspiracy theorists, and people who apparently think that the footage from IS developers is fake. Who cares?

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    RevengeRomanRevengeRoman Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Honestly, I didn't buy the Adventurer Pack I did because of cosmetics. Yes the ones I picked are cool, and it would be nice to have clarity.

But frankly I didn't even think about that when I bought the Adventurer Pack. I bought it because I want Ashes to be well polished and I wanted to be a part of the development process and help improve the game.

If I hadn't wanted to be a part of that process and help bug report, moderate, or do whatever it is that needs doing to make Ashes better, I wouldn't have purchased the pack.

It was never about the cosmetics to me, maybe I'm alone in that, but that's how I feel.
  • Options
    Hopefully we get an answer soon, or at least some hint on when we will get an answer. I would at least love some general info like "this one can go on your house."
  • Options
    BarabBarab Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited September 2022
    How big is the Leyline Orrery ?
    The Dünir Hold Mithril Warhammers,Thanes of the Keelhaul, Dünir scourge of the oceans, Warhammer First Fleet Command of The Dünzenkell Nation, friends to the Dünir Dwarves of the Dünhold.Hammers High!
  • Options
    Barab wrote: »
    How big is the Leyline Orrery ?

Bigger than what you'd usually fit up there

3k8xwv1eu9yd.jpg

wbauorbolxt1.png
  • Options
    Any word on this yet? Still kinda shitty that we've no clue what we've bought in good faith...
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    mr-bean-waiting.gif
    Monkey Business (EU) is RECRUITING
    kWbm5nG.gif
  • Options
    LinikerLiniker Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    would be nice to get an answer
    img]
    Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui
  • Options
    MahesMahes Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    The only way I could see this working is if you click the housing area in the city and then it transports you to your house which would be its own area. Now whether or not this area is a neighborhood or just your area remains to be seen.

There will not be enough era on the map for every person to have their own plot. So this means it then revolves around a separate zone. Now they could of course make the area you click be the house you picked. Thing about that is that only you will be able to see it. This kind of takes away from the value of the skin as nobody else sees your grand locale.

The only way they could create a system that shows off the house is by using the neighborhood concept. You click a structure and then get ported to a neighborhood. This would allow players to actually see other houses. This is a great system and was used both in Everquest and Dark Ages of Camelot with success. This would also allow for potential quests and events to take place separate from the main game world.

Currently I would be hesitant to purchase a house skin. Its the only skin that might be for the player only and not for others to see. This greatly diminishes the value of a skin if a player cannot show it off.