Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Horns in the game.

LogstrellLogstrell Member
edited January 12 in General Discussion
Yo, I just got an idea in the morning that it would be awesome to implement "Horns" in the game, so players can use the horns to make their presence noticeable.
Just imagine: a horn sound is coming over the hills and your allies are coming for help, or a successful siege/defense celebration. Ofc it should be prevented from spamming but it would be amazing.

Comments

• ShadonSolShadonSol Moderator, Member, Alpha One
    Moved to General Discussion.
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    No thanks.
  • VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Logstrell wrote: »
    "Horns" in the game, so players can use the horns to make their presence noticeable.

You mean run around and spam the horn?

Not interested.
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited January 12
    You are not thinking big enough. I want big Siege Vuvuzelas. Imagine 250 players all with vuvuzelas lining up in front of the wall, blowing all at once. Watch those walls crumble Jericho style.
  • VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Nerror wrote: »
    You are not thinking big enough. I want big Siege Vuvuzelas. Imagine 250 players all with vuvuzelas lining up in front of the wall, blowing all at once. Watch those walls crumble Jericho style.

Actual sound of a Nurgle army in Warhammer because of all the flies.
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I’m all for this if my horn can sound like this, from the back of my mount.

Hhak63P.png
  • Steven has mentioned some sort of guild activity that would drop a banner, presumably during a seige, where it would grant a buff to guild members and be noticeably by both allies and foes. Similar?
  • AzryilAzryil Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Right because that definitely wont be used to annoy other players in large groups(see toy train set in wow)
    k2U15J3.png
  • KarthosKarthos Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Well you may be interested in this clip.

"potential musical instruments for playing"
    Aq0KG2f.png
  • When I read this I think of the Horn of Gondor, you could make a horn that has a 10 minute CD that gives 1 minute movement buff so you rush to the raid of the horn blower. Be a great way to call nearby people to assist in defending a caravan from the nearby hills or potentially call in more people/npcs as well. So there is a risk to blowing it.

As for dropping a guild banner, if they also had set of war drums that could be pretty cool and potentially fall under the Bards equipment.
  • CawwCaww Member
    How would that work with discord? Most guilds are gonna want you to listen-only at-least during serious action movements; for myself, I always play with the sound off (I know, its' a silent world).
  • daveywavey wrote: »

You beat me to it. I was thinking the same thing.
  • LogstrellLogstrell Member
    edited January 15
    Just like these.
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGj8sULJlOw"]
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEClzllDVJo"]
  • LogstrellLogstrell Member
    edited January 15
    https://youtu.be/sEClzllDVJo?t=110
    God damn the seiges have to be like that.
  • BoanergeseBoanergese Member
    edited January 17
    d4bed813-b4e5-4673-b1f5-ceed40eb977a.3fd216f22bff97ed600d189c27209f0f.jpeg