Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Want to know if I'll get my desired name with reservation before buying

I know name reservations haven't gone through yet, and I know the order of reservations will be in the same order as people who bought the pre-order packs/kickstarters and such. But basically, a name reservation is worth the $350 to me if I get the name I want. Some of you might know what I'm going for by my current profile name, but yeah there's a specific name I want that will be taken up almost instantly. I kinda wish the name reservations were already active so they could put in a system for me to check if the name I want is already taken before I spend the money. What do you all think?

Comments

• Options
    tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Won't it depend on your server choice, which cannot be known yet?

As long as you are the only 'Strawberry Shortcake' on your server, won't you be happy? So, if someone beats you to the name on one server, just create your character on another.
  • Options
    I imagine there will be a most popular server, and that's the server I'll want to be on. I mean these are huge maps (200 sqk for alpha 2, which is roughly half the size of the world according to the latest interview with Steven). One server will be able to fit a lot of people. On top of that this is a somewhat niche game. There aren't going to be a bunch of servers. Albion online for example lives on one megaserver. Yes popular cities are crowded there but it's also a much smaller map.
  • Options
    Just to clarify I'm saying I don't expect there to be a million servers like WoW, only a couple or a few which means there is still a good chance my name will get taken before it comes to me
  • Options
    unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Just to clarify I'm saying I don't expect there to be a million servers like WoW, only a couple or a few which means there is still a good chance my name will get taken before it comes to me

Looks like you answered yourself.
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • Options
    Shhhh, let me hope.
  • Options
    I am the one and only true Legolas. All the others are fake. There I claimed my name now.
  • Options
    JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    You will have to wait until Intrepid does server pre-registration.

If you want a really common name and you want to be on a really popular server, chances are no since there are so many people ahead of you with Name Reservation packs.
    hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101
  • Options
    JustVineJustVine Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Kind of wish I could gift my name res to someone else. There's no way someone is going to take the name I'm planning (and even if they did, i have like 8 back ups lol.) Alas, that'd be a logistics nightmare for IS so let's not ask for such a silly thing.
    Riding in Solo Bad Guy's side car

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Yhr9WpjaDzw
  • Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Boanergese wrote: »
    I am the one and only true Legolas. All the others are fake. There I claimed my name now.

And I am the one and true Legolaas. Join my friend Legolass and I on a quest.

(I really hate those situations.

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    pyrealpyreal Member, Warrior of Old
    I know name reservations haven't gone through yet, and I know the order of reservations will be in the same order as people who bought the pre-order packs/kickstarters and such. But basically, a name reservation is worth the $350 to me if I get the name I want. Some of you might know what I'm going for by my current profile name, but yeah there's a specific name I want that will be taken up almost instantly. I kinda wish the name reservations were already active so they could put in a system for me to check if the name I want is already taken before I spend the money. What do you all think?

Legolas name variations have been be preemptively banned.
  • Options
    pyreal wrote: »

Legolas name variations have been be preemptively banned.

Crap, Legless the dwarf Archer will never grace our eyes then :(
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
  • Options
    252c0ae2f061d080a9868f1d4f78a5c2--dwarf-soldiers.jpg
  • Options
    I think only a select few would try and claim the name Ainz Ooal Gown, but Ainz alone? That'll put you in competition.
  • Options
    JustVine wrote: »
    Kind of wish I could gift my name res to someone else. There's no way someone is going to take the name I'm planning (and even if they did, i have like 8 back ups lol.) Alas, that'd be a logistics nightmare for IS so let's not ask for such a silly thing.

I have nine alts ready to steal all your names. Which server are you playing on?
  • Options
    JustVineJustVine Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Det är en hemlig, kamrat ;)
    Riding in Solo Bad Guy's side car

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Yhr9WpjaDzw
  • Options
    Det är en hemlig, kamrat ;)

heres-to-you-wink-and-point.gif
  • Options
    maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer

You can do it unofficially! (me thinks?)

If you delete the character with the reserved name, would it free it up for your friend?
    Perhaps this is a question to ask in the next QnA.
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • Options
    The NW name rush was crazy, up at 2AM EST to pop a name on a EU server then delete and re-use the name on a NA server later that morning. I did get a package to at-least avoid losing that much sleep again.
  • Options
    I think "GMSteven" should be reserved across all servers so that he can make a guest star appearance in any server.
    Perhaps the first two letters as "GM" should be reserved so that the player base know they can trust that individual?
    Forum_Signature.png