Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Nodes and certain races...

Assuming there are dwarves in the game (puh-lease let there be dwarves), how would the node system work for them? Would they have to settle for helping develop a surface city? Any chance of underground node development?

Can you imagine an underground city node being developed? Delve too deep and....who knows what you may awaken / discover.

Comments

• Options
    I don't think dwarves are officially confirmed but they are in concept art. I would probably expect them in some form considering they are a stable of fantasy MMOs along side elves and humans.

The recent blog mentions expansion nodes too close to forest and mountains could awaken slumbering beast. So it's possible if dwarves were to build something underground they could awaken a monster of some form. I would say your best bet is pitching that question to Steven in the discord channel and he may be able to specifically address if there are underground nodes that can developed. It's a great idea btw. If that is possible I would wonder about nodes out at sea or perhaps an island archipelago being chained together with bridges.
  • Options
    Yea we talked about it a little in <a href="https://www.ashesofcreation.com/forums/topic/brotherhood-of-iron-napvepvprpdwarf-centric/#post-11168">here</a> and think that a dwarven city should be carved on a mountain side if anything.
  • Options
    [quote quote=5175]Any chance of underground node development?
    [/quote]

If you look at the stretch goals on the Kickstarter page. Underrealm Node Development is the $1.75 million goal.
    A little less than $150,000 and that will be a reality or I guess 'virtual' reality.
  • Options
    Dwarves are officially in. Check the kick starter page.https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1791529601/ashes-of-creation-new-mmorpg-by-intrepid-studios?token=116f691d