Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

A bundle microsoft gamepass with ashes of creation? any concern?

KeeperBrGOKeeperBrGO Member
edited January 2022 in General Discussion
:wink: I really like the game pass, it would be great for me to have both in the same place.

I wanted to know different ways to introduce someone who doesn't know the game (when released) to try without direct marketing.

Like : You can invite a friend to play for up to 6 hours per month :blush:

thanks for your time and sorry for the spelling mistakes :smile: :

Comments

• Options
    bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Options
    NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Don't give Microsoft any ideas about buying Intrepid now :wink:

I think $15 to try the game for an entire month is more than fair. It's super cheap entertainment for that price. So no, no gamepass other than the subscription fee. :smile:
  • Options
    unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    You want gold spam and bots? Cause that is how you get gold spam and bots.
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • Options
    Does Microsoft do this already? Do they have deals where they somehow sell game-and-sub time for other companies' games?

• Options
    bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    This is new today.
    https://nypost.com/2022/01/18/microsoft-buying-scandal-ridden-activision-blizzard-for-69b/

So probably in the near future.
    Is tough to say if this will be good or bad. My money is on bad for the consumer.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Options
    I think you can play games on game pass for the Xbox system with Microsoft for a monthly fee. I don't think Intrepid is going to be partnering with Microsoft. I also don't think they want to do trial accounts with the game. As other people mentioned, some people use trial accounts to spam in chat for services like selling gold or to create bots for resource gathering. We don't want bots to ruin the economy or the game play. There is no set box fee, so you don't have to pay $60 to try it and not like it. If you aren''t sure you want to play the game, then watch other people stream it on Twitch. Paying $15 amonth is a low entry cost for consumers. If you don't like it you are only out the $15. Intrepid doesn't have a publisher so this game isn't going to be on Steam or Game Pass. It is going to be on the PC and rock.
  • Options
    Taleof2CitiesTaleof2Cities Member
    edited January 2022
    I don't have an Xbox, but don't you have to be on GamePass Gold to play MMOs?

Not regular GamePass?

I think there are a couple of F2P exceptions like WarZone and Fortnite ... but Ashes won't be F2P.
  • Options
    No, just….no.
  • Options
    No. FF14 has its own subscription from Square Enix. Every game has its own launcher and own subscription. I doubt that Microsoft acquiring Activision Blizzard will change World of Warcraft. There is no one size fits all, play every game I want bundle or super launcher platform. If you want to play this game, create an account, subscribe, play it. We don't want bots. We don't want trial accounts. Eve Online had its own launcher and monthly subscription. As a matter of fact, FF14 is doing so well they have cancelled trial accounts because its paying clients were having to wait to log into the game.