Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Immersion Enviroment and aniaml interactions

What do you think guys to make f.ex. bears spawn only alone.. wolfes in packs... That will create an immersive world that u explore and going even further.. wolfes can run away from bears.. or hunt other animals.. its not impossible to implement and i would create very immersive and interesting experience for players at every stage of the game.

Comments

• Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I think the devs will try for some of that, if it doesn't take too much time.
    It's not top priority for their vision, I think.
  • Options
    Taleof2CitiesTaleof2Cities Member
    edited January 2022
    @Dygz is right on this one.

Ashes is an MMORPG and not a single-player RPG.

More immersion is always welcome … but not at the expense of core systems and/or group content.
  • Options
    AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I hope they at least implement some sort of apex predator for zones.

It's a really important and immersive part of area design that also improves player interaction positively.

When the main enemies in an area are for level 10 players and there's one or two level 20 Predators (not Elites, those are different and I'm not arguing either for or against them) with decent but not spectacular drops, then sometimes level 30 players come along to hunt those Predators solo when bored.

This exposes them to lower level players more often, and has the additional benefit of having someone hanging around who is probably at least neutral-positive, in case of a griefer. Or, depending on the roaming behaviour of the Predator, protecting the lower level players from the Predator itself.

I personally don't need 'the food chain' of creatures to actually interact, just having the approximately correct numbers of them around, is enough for me. If the two or three Griffon actively hunts the 40 rabbits or whatever, it's a nice bonus, but I think having the Griffon is more about increasing player interaction with each other and the imagination does the rest.
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

• Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    The fauna in this game will be a bit odd. Many things are influenced by corruption in some way. Even plants, we have carnivorous flowers and mushrooms running around. I'm not sure if a traditional ecosystem as we'd expect to find in the real world will even fit in this game. It's not Red Dead Redemption or anything.

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    Also, expect mobs to attack our Nodes as we erect new buildings - with mob levels commensurate with the Stage of the Node.
    By design, there will be plenty of incentive for encounters to have a mix of Adventurer levels working together.
  • Options
    TrUSivrajTrUSivraj Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Dygz wrote: »
    Also, expect mobs to attack our Nodes as we erect new buildings - with mob levels commensurate with the Stage of the Node.
    By design, there will be plenty of incentive for encounters to have a mix of Adventurer levels working together.

Omg I just realized how cool that'll be, seeing a horde of mobs attack your lvl 4 city will be great and contribute to its exp on top. Potential to delevel node if not dealt with? Maybe?
    Future Falconer, Top 1% PvPer and owner of Big and Beautiful Homesteads
    lnx3t1v8o8r9.png
  • Options
    Deleveling may not happen, but some services may become unavailable if specific buildings are destroyed.
  • Options
    Atama wrote: »
    The fauna in this game will be a bit odd. Many things are influenced by corruption in some way. Even plants, we have carnivorous flowers and mushrooms running around. I'm not sure if a traditional ecosystem as we'd expect to find in the real world will even fit in this game. It's not Red Dead Redemption or anything.
    sure, i just gave an example