Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Races and Classes

TabelaTabela Member
edited January 2022 in General Discussion
Hey everyone! This is my first time on any forum and i know this has probably been asked already, but what are you planning to choose as your race and class?

There isn't much we know at the moment but it's still nice to fantasize a bit about a cool looking character.

For me, i'm thinking a Tulnar (reptile) assassin would be cool.

Please let me know your ideas.

:)

Comments

• Options
    AzryilAzryil Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Elven Rogue or Ranger, actual subrace mostly comes down to aesthetics.
    k2U15J3.png
  • Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited January 2022
    Basic human, heavy armor, twin swords.
    Sturdy with slow but strong dmg.

Just think about how you want to play your char and build towards that and you will find your strong point in the overall game. That's what I have done with my build in all the mmos.

It could be easy solo progress up to mid lv, it could be greatness in group leveling, dmg wise or supporting.
    You could be useful in open world PvP situations (as an assassin), or you could be the big guns in a siege (mage or archer).

But there are some limitations based on common sense. People wont be able to tank if they choose x/tank class combo, with robe armor and bow weapon.
  • Options
    NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited January 2022
    I want a Dünir summoner at the moment. I would like necromancer, but I'll be checking all the secondaries out in alpha and beta before making a final decision.

In the end I'll likely end up with a character of each archetype though. Variety is good, and the class knowledge even better for PvP.
  • Options
    mcstackersonmcstackerson Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I'm most likely going a Tulnar fighter with a two hander and preferably heavy armor but it will depend on benefits.
  • Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Ren'kai Mage. No idea what subclass yet. I'm thinking maybe Cleric or Rogue, but I have to see what augments are available first.

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    I'm personally waiting for details on what the racial augments will be. You won't be able to change your race once you create your character, so I want to make sure it synergies with my class to some extent. Though, being a Tulnar might be cool depending on how you can customize them, however it does look promising.
  • Options
    tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I would like to play a really good healer. So, I will choose the race with the base stats which make the best healer. If stats were equal, I would choose human.
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited January 2022
    Vek Predator
  • Options
    Tabela wrote: »
    Hey everyone! This is my first time on any forum and i know this has probably been asked already, but what are you planning to choose as your race and class?

There isn't much we know at the moment but it's still nice to fantasize a bit about a cool looking character.

For me, i'm thinking a Tulnar (reptile) assassin would be cool.

Please let me know your ideas.

:)

An Elven Tulnar-slayer. >:)
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Tulnar Mage
    Lighting the forests on fire for the lol's ...and screams from the elves.
    Tulnar will rise and push the invaders back through the gateways. Victory will be ours.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Options
    giphy.gif
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    Im thinking,
    1 Tulnar, beast looking, high mobility, burst melee dps, basically glass-cannon build.
    2 human, cleric/healer, tanky heal build.

But we know so little atm and the thing with race specific stats/passives it all can look completely different. Depending on how much inpact they have.
  • Options
    I'm so limited in imagination I just want a simple wood-elf ranger that doesn't die on the spot... ("Ranger down" anyone?)
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    main will be Tulnar shadowmancer
    Alt vek not sure what class
  • Options
    RockHoundRockHound Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Vek or Ren'kai Shaman.... It really depends on how the race, and religion augments the class
  • Options
    I haven't decided which race will be my main. I'm leaning toward Tulnar - but I'd like more info on them. For class, it will a fighter of some type, again need a little more info on that too. I like warrior types, usually with two swords. But I'm really excited about all the options. I am thinking a Vek shaman might be fun to try.
  • Options
    Tulnar shadowblade. Medium armor and dual wielding swords or one two-handed depending on playstyle.
  • Options
    IronhopeIronhope Member
    edited January 2022
    Kaelar Highsword and Kaelar Templar leveled together to see what I like most and what fits my crusader/retribution paladin theme better.

Will also definetly try stuff like Empyrean assassin for extra griefing.

Empyrean/Kaelar necromancer if cool enough.

Maybe even a crusader themed Kaelar crosbow-man (Protector/Soulbow).

• Options
    VarkunVarkun Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Ren'Kai are still my boi's that will not change. Tank healer or paladin will be my main.
    3KAqRIf.png
    Close your eyes spread your arms and always trust your cape.
  • Options
    Lethanel wrote: »
    Tulnar shadowblade. Medium armor and dual wielding swords or one two-handed depending on playstyle.

That's actually along the lines I was thinking. I can't wait to see the specifics on shadowblades.
  • Options
    RockHoundRockHound Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited January 2022
    Vek Cleric/Summoner=Shaman, or maybe Cleric/Tank=Apostle
    Mace/Shield, medium to heavy armor
  • Options
    I have two classes I keep bouncing back and forth between, but as for race it depends on what I can do with the tulnar.

I want a tank and if I can make a cool dragonborn looking character I'll go tulnar, if not then ren'kai.

But I might go summoner. If I can use the tulnar customizations to make something look like a Drow that would be awesome, otherwise probably a Py'Rai.
  • Options
    No definitive plans yet, but the character that keeps calling me is a Vaelun archer (ranger OR fighter). I'm also interested in a Niküa something something with water type augments or spells, a Tulnar dungeon/ruins explorer (rogue?) and a Vek caster of some sort.

When we know more about the classes, augments and weapon skills I'll probably get more precise ideas, but that's where I'm at so far.
    Be bold. Be brave. Roll a Tulnar !