Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Quest Sharing

I don't know if this has already been mentioned, but will it be possible to share quests with other people in your party? Noticed in a video of the alpha, to get a quest the player had to go though specific conversations with an NPC to get a quest. If I want to go on quests with my friends will I have to go through those same conversations exactly or will my friends just be able to share the quest with me so I can reap the rewards with them?

Comments

• Options
    NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    We saw in an early dev stream playthrough that Margaret shared a quest with her party. So for some quests at least we will likely see sharing
  • Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    I like it when you can share quest with the party and when in close proximity between the members, ones kills count for the others.

I think it is very wrong when mmos dont do that (unless it is a very specific quest).
    An mmo is a social game and teamwork should not be prevented.
  • Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    I dont think mob kills related to a quest should be shared between non party members.
    I want to see conflict of intetests and PvP flares.
  • Options
    JustVineJustVine Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I like it when you can share quest with the party and when in close proximity between the members, ones kills count for the others.

I think it is very wrong when mmos dont do that (unless it is a very specific quest).

Yeah, I agree. Especially since it makes structuring guild quests around this sort of 'group approach' style. There are definitely more difficult content pieces one can assign a group when you build a quest for it specifically, not just pvx or raids. I don't think all quests should be shareable in that way though.
    Riding in Solo Bad Guy's side car

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Yhr9WpjaDzw
  • Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One

Absolutely! They are planning to encourage interaction by forcing crafting dependencies. There is no way for any one person to complete all aspects of creating an item (at least not at the top end) without needing assistance from someone who has specialized in a different area of crafting.

They want all archetypes to contribute something unique, so that you feel like something is missing if you don't include a variety of classes in a group.

It would be anathema to everything else they are doing if they don't strongly encourage people to adventure together. And I don't mean in the "join group finder for a dungeon" way that most MMORPGs do it. I mean teaming up to do everything. I wouldn't want them to mandate it, that's a pain in the rear and sometimes I like to play on my own. (Especially with my real life schedule.) But I hope that if and when I get a chance to group up with people, that it will be a mutually beneficial situation and other players aren't a hindrance.

Hhak63P.png