Options

Multiple PVP Objectives in War

What is various points of interest were gated by some in-game token, which could be "owned" by a person or guild, with a finite quantity that existed in the world. The content can be appropriately accessed only by someone with such a token. Anyone - an individual or opposing guild can challenge for control of that token, which would automatically go to the challenger if left unopposed. If opposed that POI would play out like a city war would.

These points of interest could also become an alternative objective within a war. The defenders will have to be tactical about resource management to defend a storehouse separate from the city gates.. Perhaps the attacker is only interested in the storehouse, or the attacker feigns interest in the storehouse as a tactic to weaken city defenses. Perhaps the storehouse is located within the city itself and becomes a "bonus" objective.

What other alternative objectives could there be in an attack on the city that don't result in relegating control?

Comments

• Options
    NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I see the point, but I honestly would rather not. If a guild wants to control a point of interest, I think they need to "physically" be present at all times to defend it, and in that case, the token system just adds complexity without depth.
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Seems like already had some of this in Alpha One.