Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Multiple PVP Objectives in War

What is various points of interest were gated by some in-game token, which could be "owned" by a person or guild, with a finite quantity that existed in the world. The content can be appropriately accessed only by someone with such a token. Anyone - an individual or opposing guild can challenge for control of that token, which would automatically go to the challenger if left unopposed. If opposed that POI would play out like a city war would.

These points of interest could also become an alternative objective within a war. The defenders will have to be tactical about resource management to defend a storehouse separate from the city gates.. Perhaps the attacker is only interested in the storehouse, or the attacker feigns interest in the storehouse as a tactic to weaken city defenses. Perhaps the storehouse is located within the city itself and becomes a "bonus" objective.

What other alternative objectives could there be in an attack on the city that don't result in relegating control?

Comments

• Options
    NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I see the point, but I honestly would rather not. If a guild wants to control a point of interest, I think they need to "physically" be present at all times to defend it, and in that case, the token system just adds complexity without depth.
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Seems like already had some of this in Alpha One.