Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

UE 5 and GPU Requirements

PossumPossum Member, Founder, Kickstarter
edited January 2022 in Support & FAQ
Forgive my ignorance, but I'm afraid I don't know much about UE 5 and I haven't had a lot of time to research it. What would be a reasonable general recommendation on a GPU for AoC? What would be a minimum requirement for it to be playable without being ugly?

Sadly, the GPU situation being what it has for the last couple years, I've not been able to upgrade and I'm currently running a MSI RX 480 ARMOR OC 4 GB in my PC.

My CPU is a Core i5-9600K @ 3.7 GHz and I've got 32 GB of DDR4 RAM.

Not the latest and greatest, obviously, but it's what I've got for now. :)
lI1qXfR.gif

Comments

• Options
    ShadonSolShadonSol Moderator, Member, Alpha One
    These were the system requirements for Alpha1 (UE4). The article will get updated as the minimum and recommended system requirements change.

On the last live stream, we saw a video of 1300 (castle sieges are planned to be 250v250 or 500v500) animated players which resulted in an average of 30fps on a RTX 3070 and 1080p solution. As we are still between Alpha testing phases you can expect a lot more optimization to happen.

I'm going ahead and closing this thread now, but please feel free to reach out again if you have any more questions!
    volunteer_moderator.gif
This discussion has been closed.