Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

npcs as alive

development of artificial intelligence mechanics (neural network) The NPCs behaved as if they were alive. They could appear in the game small and could grow gradually and later go on quests themselves or with players. I think it's cool if we could create such a thing

Comments

• Options
    I dunno how feasible this would be... NPC can grow/progress with node development but how would 'growing' with time even work? Also if a siege is ever successful it would need to be reset, I think.

Lastly, playing/questing with NPC would be quite limiting for the player.
    "Suffer in silence"
  • Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    Andarsn wrote: »
    development of artificial intelligence mechanics (neural network) The NPCs behaved as if they were alive. They could appear in the game small and could grow gradually and later go on quests themselves or with players. I think it's cool if we could create such a thing

I dont care to play with npcs in an mmorpg. I want player to player mechanics and content.

Npc gameplay is for singleplayer games.
  • Options
    Could be cool if done right, do you mean like an enemy NPC race would build a small camp and would possible grow into a large fortress if players don't deal with it? That it sends out raiding parties and whatnot?
  • Options
    I like the idea of NPCs being dyanmic and gradually evolving out there in the world via various actions or just passively.

''kill the whelp early or find your node set on fire by a drake or even dragon later''

• Options
    tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I understand that a player's reputation will influence how NPCs react to the player. For example, if you do quests which help grow a node, the node NPCs will treat you with more respect and, perhaps, offer you more quests. I think that will also work with crafters, bounty hunters, priests of your religion, etc.
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    We might get some decent NPC AI, but Storybricks is not the dev goal for this game.
  • Options
    Npcs in the city's that give quests and all? Really don´t care, the ending will be always the same, gather something killing something, now a good AI for mobs that i would like to see