Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Nodes

Hello,
So I stumbled into this community on accident, but high fantasy is my shit and while this would be my first MMO I love RPGs, however I haven't been able to find clear answers to a few of my questions regarding nodes.
When the game starts and servers open most of the world will be empty so if I wanted I could travel a long distance and look to start leveling my character which should level up a node. However is it up to the main contributors of the exp to that node that determines the placement of the node? For example if I really loved the scenery along a river and I spent all my time there with some friends would the nodes settlement build along the river? Is it even reasonable to think one might be the one to start and upgrade a node to level 1 or 2 solo/with friends? Also i wanted to know if as we give the node exp, would we will be able to see the buildings being built and city being built around us or if itll be a spawn upon an exp threshold instead? (It being the city buildings structures)

Comments

• Options
    mcstackersonmcstackerson Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited January 2022
    Welcome!

1. All nodes are preset. You will need to find a node in the area you like and start leveling around it.
    2. We know the first few stages are supposed to come up quickly but not sure how many players the number is based on.
    3. I believe the goal is to have some kind of transition but last we played, it just spawned.

Here is the wiki that has a lot of useful info: wiki
  • Options
    tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Since there will be over 100 node locations and a lot of different and beautiful areas on the map (forests, deserts, seashores, mountains, jungles, plains, etc.), I am confident that you will find an area that is beautiful to your tastes and that there will be a node there that you can level up. Remember you will also be able to have a freehold (farm type area) of your own near the node, so you could pick a delightful place near a river or waterfall or somewhere with a stunning view to have a home of your own. If you go to the wiki linked in the post above and search for the game map (same on all servers), you will see what I mean. You will love it!
  • Options
    TalentsTalents Member, Intrepid Pack
    You won't be able to feasibly level up a node alone, no.
    nI17Ea4.png
  • Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    The node locations are predetermined, but the cities are not developed. At the first stage they are just a crossroads.
    For convenience sake, they will be instantly recognized somehow, even in the starting form.
  • Options
    If you bring 100 friends, it might help. We don't know exactly the formula for how much your contribution with quests, killing mobs, gathering will add to the development of the node yet. Large guilds may rush to a node to try to develop a particular type. So, if you into node 69 cause that's your thing you can rush there from the four starting areas when the game is launched. If you like a particular area you can try to buy a house, apartment, or get a freehold at that node.

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Nodes
  • Options
    Boanergese wrote: »
    If you bring 100 friends, it might help. We don't know exactly the formula for how much your contribution with quests, killing mobs, gathering will add to the development of the node yet. Large guilds may rush to a node to try to develop a particular type. So, if you into node 69 cause that's your thing you can rush there from the four starting areas when the game is launched. If you like a particular area you can try to buy a house, apartment, or get a freehold at that node.

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Nodes

giphy.gif
    sig-Samson-Final.gif