Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Freehold Layout Tool

TheUglySticTheUglyStic Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
Just trying to see if anyone else thinks this would be a good idea.

With the freedom of choice offered by freeholds, I think it would be handy to have an in-browser (or even in-game if possible) tool that we could use to plan a freehold layout before ever building anything on our plot of land. I'm not sure how permanent the layouts will be, but for me personally I'd like to see at least a top-down view of what I'm planning before actually implementing it.

What do you all think?

Comments

• Options
    NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Sure, sounds good to me. :smile:
  • Options
    tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I would love that, but we know so little of the options available for freeholds that Alpha 2 (and the Betas) will probably be when we learn what we can do. Let's also consider that ponds, streams, hills, rock formations and other environmental items will likely impact our freeholds. They won't always just be rectangular pieces of property in the North American tradition, they may more resemble Irish, English or French parcels.
  • Options
    TheUglySticTheUglyStic Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    That's a good point @tautau. In that case, perhaps it could work off of a coordinate system? That way the layout resembles the location and orientation of the plot. I'm not sure how much extra work that would be, though.
  • Options
    Sounds great! To expand on it, I think that there are various tools we could benefit from in-browser (mobile app) such as a character customiser like BDO did, Armoury, I had other ideas in mind but in hindsight didn't seem as balanced/necessary so I guess we don't need tons but these are nice :)
  • Options
    JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    So keep in mind, that you won't be able to drop your freehold on POIs (Point of Interest). So your freehold with be about .5 acres however, you won't be able to place it across a road, stream, anywhere a bridge needs to be, etc.
    hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101