Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Raid tier and (Possible legendary)

Hi Intrepid I have no clue if you have any idea of having these in the game. But if you do please do not follow WoW.

Let me explain:

They release 1 dungeon with 1 raid tier associated with it then another with another play style but gear better.
If you were to have raid tier can you do more like Diablo (Having multiples ones but with same level in strenght) so player can either choose between one playstyle over the other. Instead of playing this style cause there is only 1 tier set.

A way I could see it is. Boss drop an item that you can trade for either raid tier A/B/C of X ilvl. Then if there is a stronger raid well the boss could sell the same item but stronger that you can change via the same process.

It would make old raid tier stay relevant while letting player chose way to play.

Also if there is something similar to legendary it would avoid player to all use the same. Cause there is multiples combo possible sinse people wouldnt be locked into 1 gameplay cause there would be more than 1 raid tier.

Anyway its just how I hope thing would be if there were to have these in the game.

Dont know for you guys what do you think

Comments

• Options
    AsgerrAsgerr Member
    edited February 2022
    From the wiki: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Armor#Gear_sets

Gear sets (also known as tier sets) are a part of Ashes of Creation.

- Different tiers of gear are accessible based on a character's level.
    - Players gain bonuses depending on the number of pieces of the set they have equipped.
    • An overarching set effect is granted to wearers of exclusively one type of armor, for example: all cloth, or all plate.
    • Certain set bonuses may trade off core gear stats.
    • There may be set bonuses that members of certain communities will obtain based on gear set type.

- There are passive abilities that can be chosen to become more adept with certain set types.
    - There will be viable non-set builds.
    - Racial appearance of gear sets is tied to the character model of that race.
    - It may be possible to store and swap gear sets with a single button press when out of combat.

Approximately 49 unique gear sets are obtainable in Alpha-1 from crafting, quests, drops and exploration.
    • These are unique sets with different stats, but some may be similar in appearance.
    Sig-ult-2.png
  • Options
    Asgerr wrote: »

My issue is mostly that. I dont want max level to be restricted to 1 tier set like WoW does. Cause from what I understand but they dont say if there will be 1 end game tier set. And thats what bother me a bit.

I want it to be few of the same values
  • Options
    ptitoine wrote: »
    Asgerr wrote: »

My issue is mostly that. I dont want max level to be restricted to 1 tier set like WoW does. Cause from what I understand but they dont say if there will be 1 end game tier set. And thats what bother me a bit.

I want it to be few of the same values

Ashes still has a long ways to go for testing, @ptitoine ... the game has only completed Alpha-1.

Therefore, there's still much to be done in terms of loot mechanics and gear sets.

What might be comforting for you, however, is that although raiding will be in Ashes it won't be a content emphasis. Especially instanced raiding ... which will be only 20% of the dungeon content.
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Perhaps more to the point, most gear in Ashes (including top end gear) is going to be player crafted.

Since player crafted gear has room for customized stats, and customized appearance, it kind of kills off the possibility of the issue in the OP ever actually happening.
  • Options
    I think @Noaani is mostly correct. Players should not look to raid gear drops for their primary source of gear upgrades. Most gear will be player made. Also gear will be highly customizable, so gear upgrade won't be vertical, but horizontal.

So, with WoW, every patch introduces a new raid tier where you get gear upgrades. I would like to see Ashes of Creation patches be more event based, where things happen in the world that have to be fought or gathered or what have you. Maybe they drop some nice things, but again this is not meant to be a vertical upgrade and not everyone who participates will receive an award.