Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

purchase of packs

SarkgpSarkgp Member
edited February 2022 in Support & FAQ
Hi friends!
Do you know if you can buy packs of testers (alpha2) between 2-3 friends?
I know you would only have one account to play in turns, but... Is it legal?
Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    Not legal
  • Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited February 2022
    If any phase of testing you are in is part of an NDA (non-disclosure agreement), then only one person would be signing the NDA. If anyone else played the game, you would be in violation of the NDA.

The TOC for the game and site are here:

https://ashesofcreation.com/terms-and-conditions

I see nothing in there that explicitly prohibits you from letting others play on your account. Here are some complications with sharing the account though...

If anyone else played your account and misbehaved (leading to a suspension or ban), that affects the entire account. So, you might be punished for something you didn't do.

There is only one set of contact information per account (name, email address, and so on). If you needed to contact someone like a Game Master for support, it would have to be done through one email address, which is awkward if multiple people share.

When the game is released there will be a monthly fee. To pay that fee, you'll have to have some kind of payment logged with the account. And since that financial information is part of the account, anyone you share the account with will have your financial info. You had better trust those people really, really well.

The game account will be associated with only one forum account. That might or might not matter to you.

Honestly, I think it's a really bad idea to do this. But again, I don't see where it's explicitly against the rules as written, at least not for now.

One final warning, I'm just a regular schlub on the forums with no official status for anything. If you want an authoritative answer, try asking your question at the Support & FAQ board. (I know you've posted there before so you know how to get there.)

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    ShadonSolShadonSol Moderator, Member, Alpha One
    edited February 2022
    Account sharing is against the TOS - so only the person who owns the account is allowed to access it and therefore play with it.

I'm going to move this thread to the FAQ section and close it, but please feel free to reach out again if you have any more questions!
    volunteer_moderator.gif
This discussion has been closed.