Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

So will it be possible to earn/convert in game currency for (Embers) Cash shop currency?

1235»

Comments

• Options
    SpuriusSpurius Member
    edited February 2022
    What they said is:
    I want to incentivize purchase in the cosmetic shop for sustainability of what expansions we have intended, since we are not a box cost.
    one of the ways we augment the revenue flows to sustain constant updates and new chapter releases and additional content within the game is through a cosmetic-only marketplace

What it means is:
    The money we earn from the shop we will use to do more updates.

What it does not mean is:
    Noaani wrote: »
    the subscription itself is not enough to maintain and add to the game
    they need money from the cash shop to maintain the game
    the revenue from the cash shop is needed to maintain the game and continue adding new content

No one was saying that the shop is "needed", required or necessary. No one was saying that the subscriptions money alone is "not enough" (whatever that even means).

• Options
    So really, the argument for adding a means to buy embers with in game gold is really an argument for less post launch content for the game - because that is the result it will have.

I have an idea. Let's sell the best gear in the game for embers.

So really, the argument for adding a means to buy gear with embers is really an argument for more post launch content for the game - because that is the result it will have.

oh.png
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited February 2022
    Spurius wrote: »
    No one was saying that the shop is "needed", required or necessary. No one was saying that the subscriptions money alone is "not enough" (whatever that even means).
    Cool. Take that argument up with Steven, see how far you get.
  • Options
    Uncommon SenseUncommon Sense Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    So many contradictions of people seeming unable to grasp the concept of a 1 way conversion.
    And you are still unable to answer the question of where is Intrepid going to make up that lost revenue?

I don't revenue would be lost infact I believe more people would be inclined to purchase embers when normally they wouldn't because they would have the option to supplement their time and expenses in and out of game.

While also encouraging more players that wouldn't play to subscribe long-term. Thereby increasing the overall population and thus adding even more social incentives to support the game via the Ember purchasable.

I didn't answer your 'question' because I don't believe it had merit to begin with in such a narrow consumer perspective.
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    I don't revenue would be lost infact I believe more people would be inclined to purchase embers when normally they wouldn't because they would have the option to supplement their time and expenses in and out of game.
    Can you point to a single case at all, ever, where this has happened?

Or are you just saying you think it would happen to support your argument and avoid having to answer the question?
  • Options
    CawwCaww Member
    Initial interest in AoC will probably provide plenty of subscription money for the early years but so many games move to sub free/micro transactions that its a real possibility a cash shop offering services/upgrades will be required down the road. The non-PTW efforts for now are fine and they should stick to their current plans and see if it works out.
  • Options
    The game has a referal code (there was some issues with it. So not sure they got it working). So if someone signs up using your referal code, you make 15 % of the money they spend on the game. Like from the subscription code.
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Referral_program