Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Acrobatic jump

Watching gameplays of the alpha1 I could see that the characters did some kind of acrobatics when jumping.
I have no problem with that, but even the Dwarfs did it and it took me out of context a bit.
Dwarfs are supposed to be rough, strongs but not very agile.
What do you think?

Comments

• Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited February 2022
    Actually, it was only the dwarves doing it. Here is an old thread talking about it...

https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/49663/not-really-feeling-the-whole-front-flip-dwarfs/p1

They have dramatically changed the look of dwarves since Alpha 1, and I expect the flipping thing was a placeholder animation. I don't expect you'll see it for the next round of testing.

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Sarkgp wrote: »
    Watching gameplays of the alpha1 I could see that the characters did some kind of acrobatics when jumping.
    I have no problem with that, but even the Dwarfs did it and it took me out of context a bit.
    Dwarfs are supposed to be rough, strongs but not very agile.
    What do you think?

It was ONLY the dwarfs that did it. In A1 the dwarfs resembled the Niküa more than they resembled the Dünir. The Niküa are smaller and more agile, and it's quite possible they'll keep the ability to front-flip in the air.
  • Options
    I understand, thank you very much for your answers :)
  • Options
    pyrealpyreal Member, Warrior of Old
    It's not proper for a Dunir to jump, let alone jump-flips!
  • Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    pyreal wrote: »

When a Dunir player presses the Space Bar, their character should quickly build a ramp, huff and puff up onto it, fall forward gracelessly off the top of the ramp, and the ramp collapses into dust behind them.

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    pyrealpyreal Member, Warrior of Old
    Atama wrote: »
    pyreal wrote: »

When a Dunir player presses the Space Bar, their character should quickly build a ramp, huff and puff up onto it, fall forward gracelessly off the top of the ramp, and the ramp collapses into dust behind them.

Quite right!