Adventurer/Hunt System and Bounties

Zurgo_DrakuthZurgo_Drakuth Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
edited February 2022 in General Discussion
So in a lot of MMOs once you reach endgame it generally becomes an endless grind of the same dungeons/raids over and over looking for better and better loot. In Final Fantasy XIV I enjoy their hunt system which works as your basic adventurer system from manga and anime. Hell even the failed New World had something akin to an adventurer request board.

I think it'd be a great addition for the Nodes to implement an Adventurer Board system as well as a bounty system to promote PVE and PVP respectively.

Adventurer System: Requests for Monster Hunts, Materials, and Crafted Items

Bounty System: PVP bounties placed on people with high kill counts that reset monthly, based on those who accumulate large amounts of corruption by PKing non combatants. Fair and open pvp where both are flagged and engage in mutual combat or accept the risk of being killed while flagged won't have bounties, it's simply a system to discourage low level ganking.

Comments

• MrMemeMrMeme Member
    edited February 2022
    Not sure if this maybe is slightly off topic, but I have imagined a player driven Adventure / Notice / Job Board for a long time where players can post "quests" of their own. Like if you are stuck on a group quest or if you need materials for some crafting or if you want to place a bounty on another player who has been killing you recently.

I'm thinking that players get to post a notice where they specify what they need help with, what they offer as a reward and when / where / how to collect the reward.

I think that this could be an interesting system which open up a lot of possibilities for player interaction and also facilitating continuous and meaningful end game content where players get to help each other. It would also add variation and replayability and avoid the issues with repetitive daily quests that just rotate that other MMOs have.

I do think a system like this could get somewhat tedious however and, for example buying materials off an auction house is easier. But as a group finding tool this would be immersive and could be quite interesting.

What do you think?
  • MrMeme wrote: »
    Not sure if this maybe is slightly off topic, but I have imagined a player driven Adventure / Notice / Job Board for a long time where players can post "quests" of their own. Like if you are stuck on a group quest or if you need materials for some crafting or if you want to place a bounty on another player who has been killing you recently.

I'm thinking that players get to post a notice where they specify what they need help with, what they offer as a reward and when / where / how to collect the reward.

I think that this could be an interesting system which open up a lot of possibilities for player interaction and also facilitating continuous and meaningful end game content where players get to help each other. It would also add variation and replayability and avoid the issues with repetitive daily quests that just rotate that other MMOs have.

I do think a system like this could get somewhat tedious however and, for example buying materials off an auction house is easier. But as a group finding tool this would be immersive and could be quite interesting.

What do you think?

I think it goes beyond group-finding. If you're really, really struggling with some particular content, why shouldn't you be able to hire other players to help you. And higher-level players looking for something to do can make a little something by re-doing content.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/

giphy-downsized-large.gif?cid=b603632fp2svffcmdi83yynpfpexo413mpb1qzxnh3cei0nx&ep=v1_gifs_gifId&rid=giphy-downsized-large.gif&ct=s
  • tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    The bulletin boards in Taverns will make this possible in a player-driven way. You can offer 200 gold for a screenshot of someone standing over the body of the dead player. You can offer to buy 250 cedar wood and 100 good bricks to complete your quest...whatever you want!

Also, I see that mayors are able to offer various quests related to node defense, growth and caravans, which is somewhat similar. The node citizens can suggest to mayors what quests to offer, of course.