Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Discussion on the quantity of legendary items in circulation

2»

Comments

• Options
    mcstackersonmcstackerson Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    QuiQSilver wrote: »
    @mcstackerson I agree my opinion was saying remove the RNG but if you keep the degradation you will want to allow for new legendaries and the swap of who holds a legendary so then you introduce smiths as the only way to maintain the legendary that way unless you managed to get the legendary and are a max level smith you cant repair it and thus rely on your guild therefor the legendary isn't just yours. So what i was saying is make legendary bosses appear along with each new lvl 6 node, allow that piece to have 100% chance of spawn have it degrade with use but allow the repair to be made either with separate components gathered when defeating the legendary boss or allow epic level items to be combined to make a legendary material used for repair of the legendary items dropped by legendary bosses.

What's your end goal for wanting other materials instead of the original?

I'd prefer the number of functioning legendaries to not increase as time goes on.

I could go for other materials if they were limited in some way so the number of legendaries that can be maintained is limited.
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited February 2022
    Sylvanar wrote: »
    Dygz wrote: »
    I could see each Monarch of a Castle receiving a unique Legendary ring.
    And I could see there being a "unique" Legendary item for the Mayor of each Node Type Metropolis.
    These 10 positions will already receive a legendary item in the form of flying mount though.
    Uniqueness in this case is fine because these items are associated with the position and not the player themselves. So whomever manages to rise these stations gets to keep that item signifying their accomplishment for however long they manage to stay in power.

Headpiece for Mayor.
    Amulet for Castle lords. (Maybe belt?)
    Ring for religion leaders.

Wouldn't including the social org leaders make it a bit too common though? Unless there is a limit to how many social orgs can exist at a time.
    There is a limit to how many Social Orgs there are - just as there is a limit to how many Religions there are.
  • Options
    QuiQSilv3rQuiQSilv3r Member
    edited February 2022
    @mcstackerson You want to have some players with legendary armor/weapons because if you make it so there are 5 legendary weapons that need constant repair from new legendary drops then no new content will ever be released into new guilds. A guild will control legendary content and more importantly the best part of the artisans is removed. Make them essential to the repair of legendary items and everyone is more included. And most importantly my suggestion of 4-10 new legendary items a year means that with 10 new lvl 6 nodes on a server a year it would still take your server 10 years and 4 months to get the max number of legendary items available on a server. That's acceptable. Plus once you have 118 legendary items then your server is done with legendries and everything after that will come from extremely rare content released by devs.

Edit:

I should probably point out my assumption is that there will be only 1 unique legendary per max lvl node/castle created. meaning 118 is the max number of legendary items, which on a server of 10,000 seems ideal to me at .118%
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    JustVine wrote: »
    PC Religious leaders is a terrible idea. Especially with control over literal power in game on the line. I have no intention of arguing about it. 'It's just my opinion'.
    There will be a player character at the top of each Religion. There is no indication that they will have literal power in the game as great as that of a Mayor or King.
  • Options
    mcstackersonmcstackerson Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    QuiQSilver wrote: »
    @mcstackerson You want to have some players with legendary armor/weapons because if you make it so there are 5 legendary weapons that need constant repair from new legendary drops then no new content will ever be released into new guilds. A guild will control legendary content and more importantly the best part of the artisans is removed. Make them essential to the repair of legendary items and everyone is more included. And most importantly my suggestion of 4-10 new legendary items a year means that with 10 new lvl 6 nodes on a server a year it would still take your server 10 years and 4 months to get the max number of legendary items available on a server. That's acceptable. Plus once you have 118 legendary items then your server is done with legendries and everything after that will come from extremely rare content released by devs.

Edit:

I should probably point out my assumption is that there will be only 1 unique legendary per max lvl node/castle created. meaning 118 is the max number of legendary items, which on a server of 10,000 seems ideal to me at .118%

5 doesn't need to be the limit. Number of legendaries can be increased by increasing how long they last and/or increasing spawn rate or resources dropped.

New content can always be added. For starters, you guild may not be able to hold down the boss you need forever. If your node gets sieged and you lose access to what is required to repair your current legendary, your guild may need to make a new one, possibly one that is better for a different class. New content can mean either increased cap or different legendaries.

I don't think the creation of a legendary item, which is for a small section of the population, would be the best part of an artisan class. I'm not sure how it would be any better for the crafter than crafting an epic item. On top of that, i'm not sure if increasing the number of legendaries they have to repair would improve their experience. On a final point, if you limit legendary acquisition so they hit legendary cap later than aren't they creating and maintaining less items in the beginning?

I don't think we should worry about numbers too much. Those can be changed. The difference in our opinions is how permanent legendaries should be. Only thing to note is that if we are aiming for a cap, having them break means they can be acquired quicker since legendaries will be leaving as they are added. If they aren't broken then you can't really have a cap, only an estimate for how many legendaries should exist at a period of time. When i say break, i include the repair concept with it.

If i can make another point, legendaries shouldn't be seen as the player's item, it should be consider the guilds. A guild can let a player use it but the person using it isn't the person who earned it. Everyone in that guild who helped in it's creation earned it.