Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Feedback to Wraith's Legacy and the Black Scale Imperator Cosmetic Armor

TeylouneTeyloune Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
edited February 2022 in General Discussion
Hejo,

Some other Community Members and I have noticed during a discord conversation that the Wraith's Legacy and the Black Scale Imperator Cosmetic have ridiculous pointy Clown Shoes, it makes both cosmetic armor sets look kind of goofy.

Would it be possible, to change those goofy boots, please?
I would strongly appreciate it, if that was possible! <3

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Wrath's_Legacy
https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Black_Scale_Imperator

Suggested alternatives have been shoes with a round tip, or sandals.

Comments

• Thank you for posting this! Yes agreed the shoes are way too big for the style of these outfits. They feel very out of place.
  • pyrealpyreal Member, Warrior of Old
    n00bs!

Mommy, why are my shoes pointy?

Well dearie, you're in a suit of armor. On you feet are solerets. They are armor too, but pointy.

98C.JPG

• DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited February 2022
    Far from clown shoes.
    Also, common for knights to have pointed plate boots in the 12th century.
    There should plenty of other plate cosmetics without pointed boots.
    Also, you should be able to find similar armor and non-pointed plate boots you can mix and match in-game.

@Teyloune Were you even able to buy those sets? Seems like they were on sale before you were a member.
  • TeylouneTeyloune Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Dygz wrote: »
    @Teyloune Were you even able to buy those sets? Seems like they were on sale before you were a member.
    I don't understand. On what Information is this assumption based on?
    edited February 2022
    Does my answer change your answer?
  • JustVineJustVine Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    And even if you somehow snooped their exact purchase order date somehow (creepy and possibly illegal) why are you bringing up join date in a conversation about a critique on in game assets Dygz. That's a slippery slope to toxic bullshit.
    🔦🔱⚔️Selling pro pain and pro pain accessories. ⚔️🔱🔦
    Because I'm wondering if he's asking for a change to something that he purchased and plans to use (which carries more weight) or if it's simply that he doesn't like the aesthetic of something he didn't purchase which other people will use.
    If I knew the date of his purchases I would have emphatically stated that he didn't purchase those cosmetics, rather than asking the question.
    I don't understand what's toxic about my question. It's just a question.
    Didn't say it was toxic. I said that kind of 'innocent' question can lead to far less savory ones.

If you don't see a problem in the logic with 'paid customers having more weight in opinion than those who plan on getting the in game equivalent free ones relative to in game assets', perhaps you should ask yourself what kind of community that could lead to.

And again if you didn't know the exact date why did you bring it up as if you did? Bringing up someone's join date to the forums in an unrelated conversation can certainly lead to toxic responses.
  • CptBrownBeardCptBrownBeard Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited February 2022
    Some sabatons were made with an elongated toe point like those in the cosmetics, in order to help prevent a rider from becoming entangled in the stirrup if they were unhorsed. I'd assume the inspiration comes from that design.
    edited February 2022
    JustVine wrote: »
    And again if you didn't know the exact date why did you bring it up as if you did? Bringing up someone's join date to the forums in an unrelated conversation can certainly lead to toxic responses.
    LMAO
    strawman, strawman, strawman
    I'm going to just let you argue with your own head.
    It really has nothing to do with me.
    Strawman? What a weird response. What argument is being made out of straw here?
    When you start down a weird path, only weirdness can follow.
    Sounds like you can't find a flaw in my counter assertion about the actual meat and potatoes issue of 'paid customers should have the same weight in opinion as players getting the free version of the costume.' (And yes I think the community deciding otherwise will lead to toxic bullying.)

And are instead choosing to try and discredit my response with 'your other opinion about bringing up someone's purchase history or forum join date can lead to toxic bullshit is YOUR argument how dare you make a strawman out of something I chose to bring up in the discussion !'

Mate, if you didn't want the fact that you brought up their purchase history (, or forum join date because let's be honest there is no way you know their purchase history without hacking their or intrepids account,) to be part of the discussion maybe don't use it as part of your argument?
    edited February 2022
    LMFAO
    You love arguing with yourself, I see.
    I say good day to you.