Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Big Monster Bosses In The Open World Or Raids.

I have some suggestions on boss looks and mechanics fights that i think would be intresting to fight against ^^.
And it would be nice if people would like to share some monsters they would like to see in the world and some mechanics aswell :p

1. Expandable Neck Monster. When you see this monster from far away it will look "normal" and have a short neck. But as soon you are in range of this monster it will expand the neck and attack you while the body didn't move at all. And the targetable area to dps this monster will be the head. Ofc the monsters body will move abit so it looks "alive". This fight will just have a creepy feeling.

adadad.jpg

2. Ceiling Monster. This monster will be fighting from the ceiling while the people are on the ground. people will wonder how can melee dps fight this monster? I dont have the answear but i guess the ceiling would be low enought so the melee dps can hit it. Would just be cool to dps a monster that is "upside down" :p. And it would be cool if this "cave" the boss is in would be so dark that you cant see anyhting. You will just hear growls. And when u enter the boss room to get aggro the monster will open its eyes and light up the room alittle bit, so u can see somewhat the platform you will be fighting on.
I dont have any idea what this monster will look like but this pictures are just ideas of the fight mechanics.

ddaaaaa.jpg

3. Deep Water Monster. This monster will be roaming the entire map in the water. And it will be only one of this type of monster. This monster is ment to give you as a player a creepy, heart racing feeling when you hear and see it, kinda like the Felreaver in World of Warcraft.
Let me explain how it will work. You Swim and do whatever you do in the deep water. Suddenly you hear a loud creepy sound (the water monsters sound) and you start to look around and will see a huge water monster that is swimming towards you or near you. If you DONT get out of the way fast, you will be in range of the monsters aggro range and it will swim fast towards you and swallow you. This will make your screen turn dark for 1 second and when you can see again you will be dead. This feeling of a huge monster swimming towards you in the deep water is creepy enough xD And if you are lucky and just hear the monster and are out of range from it, it will just look cool to see it swim slowly to wherever its going until its so far away that u see it fade into the ocean to scare someone else in its path.
I dont think people should be able to attack this monster. Its should just be a "fun" monster to see once in a while.

Since you lose stuff in this game it would be nice if u dont lose anything if you die from this monster. Or should you lose stuff because u had some small time to move away from it?

wp2161916.png

4. Monster That Takes You In Its Jaw. You and ur team will fight this boss and attack its body (targetable part) and sometimes when a mechanic kicks in this monster will take a random player in its jaw and start to chew. The team immediatelyi need to start dpsing the monsters jaw (new targetable part) to release the person who is trapped in there while supporters/healers need to heal this person. This person trapped in the jaw will take alot of fast damage and dps have a little time to dps the jaw enough so the monster drops the trapped person. If they fail the timer this traped person will die. And then the boss will do another mechanic or whatever it does.

6156174-zilant-art-fantasy-luminos-arvalis-game-dragon-snake.jpg

5. Monster That Attack Ships. Like in Archeage there is a sea monster that will jump out of the water and take a ship in its jaw and destroy it. It would be cool to have something similar in Ashes.

maxresdefault.jpg

6. A Big Snake Monster. I just think it would be cool to fight a big snake in Verra xD

fantasy-serpent-uhdpaper.com-4K-65.jpg

Comments

• Options
    I feel like an Elevator Boss and Floor Boss (e.g. "floor tanking") would need to be thrown in. I'm also sure a "The floor is lava" can be made somehow or other.

No idea what makes good bosses, though, just know what's fun when I'm fighting against one that's fun to fight against. /shrug
  • Options
    For open world just tuck-it in someplace so I won't accidentally run into it and get decimated