Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

River Mount

RepkarRepkar Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
So, as I'm watching the new Dev update, I get to the part where @StevenSharif is talking about The Lord of the Rings, when they are going through the two giant statues, and I can't help but think to myself, "man wouldn't it be cool if we had canoes?" but not your standard water or land mount, a kind of niche mount.

Think about this, (Hypothetical numbers).
A land mount goes 100% speed, and you can go anywhere on land.
A water mount goes 100% speed, and you can go anywhere on the water.

But what if we had canoes, that could only go on rivers and auto dismount in the ocean that could only travel the direction of the river, but the speed of them was like 200%. Can you just imagine seeing players actually going up and down streams and rivers? I feel like this would make the world feel more alive. Again, its niche, it isn't necessary. But it would bring an aspect to this already amazing looking MMO that no other has to my knowledge. It would bring meaning to the concept and creation artists to channeling the flow of water of zones and not just for aesthetics, but mechanics. It also could possibly open up new lore avenues or exploration, maybe you can't cross the rapids into a cave without a canoe?

I dunno, what do you guys think?

Comments

• George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    I think that all types of boats are 1000000 times better than animal sea mounts and would be a lot cooler when you get friends to hop on.

I have never understood this mania with mounts. Imo it does unjustice to the world build which studios themselves work hard to make engaging.

Yes, I am all for different types of boats for different water bodies, and I am all for the amount of effort you put into building one, affecting its speed and HP, as well as people that can board it.