Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Social Organizations

NeorineNeorine Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
With Social Organizations being apart of the game, though the different types aren't fully announced yet, the current confirmed Organizations are the Scholar's Academy, Thieves' guild, And the Traders Company. Which new type of Social Organization would you like to see and what benefits are you hoping to receive with them?
4ticemcuvf1g.png

Comments

• Options
    GoalidGoalid Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I hope there is a sailor's guild that's dedicated to mapping and taming the ocean in Verra. Maybe there can be a Pirate's guild that's in competition with them.
    bRVL6TR.png

• Options
    I would like to see an organization for solo players only, called 'Generally Unitary Individuals Leveraging Discontent' where players come together to complain about how solo-unfriendly the game is. The organization could host raids, dungeons and other events for solo players to get together and complain about how solo-unfriendly the game is. The organization should ideally also be run by a (solo) player who understands their plight and there should be a vault of some sort where solo players can amass their earned resources and gold to make a statement about how little any single solo player can accomplish in the game.
  • Options
    neuroguy wrote: »
    I would like to see an organization for solo players only, called 'Generally Unitary Individuals Leveraging Discontent' where players come together to complain about how solo-unfriendly the game is. The organization could host raids, dungeons and other events for solo players to get together and complain about how solo-unfriendly the game is. The organization should ideally also be run by a (solo) player who understands their plight and there should be a vault of some sort where solo players can amass their earned resources and gold to make a statement about how little any single solo player can accomplish in the game.

That's one hell of a name! lol but I think the concept of having these social organizations is a good step in the right direction when it comes to solo play. Granite, it leads to more non-solo playing, but I'm not sure if this game has really ever advertised solo play. They've kept saying they wanted to put the "Massive Multiplayer" in MMO into meaning something again. Though, I do know they are still trying to give the smaller groups a fighting chance via guild perks since they can put more into the perks giving them benefits while the bigger guilds will have to sacrifice those perks for increasing guild size.

4ticemcuvf1g.png
  • Options
    I'd like to see a "Bang the hell outta them" social org to get this game jump-started and roiling...
  • Options
    Neorine wrote: »
    That's one hell of a name! lol but I think the concept of having these social organizations is a good step in the right direction when it comes to solo play. Granite, it leads to more non-solo playing, but I'm not sure if this game has really ever advertised solo play. They've kept saying they wanted to put the "Massive Multiplayer" in MMO into meaning something again. Though, I do know they are still trying to give the smaller groups a fighting chance via guild perks since they can put more into the perks giving them benefits while the bigger guilds will have to sacrifice those perks for increasing guild size.
    Haha, I'm trolling a bit, the acronym for the organization is GUILD and I pretty much describe a regular guild. MMOs should not be played solo and a good MMO makes it easy to make connections which I think AoC is setup as such (at least conceptually).
    My non-troll answer would be, social orgs should fulfill fantasy RPG themes. Thieve's guild, scholar's academy etc all elicit a clear expectation for any individual (although between individuals, those expectations may not be the same). I wouldn't mind a "hunter's lodge" or something that is about tracking and killing/taming rare monsters. In a lot of MMOs, certain rare creatures are tied to achievements, mounts, pets etc, I think it would be fun to formalize that process a bit.
  • Options
    I would love to see a pirates guild to compliment the thieves guild. I think some excellent gameplay would include roaming the open seas for booty
  • Options
    I love the Sailor and Pirate guilds! A bit of a Good/Chaotic style group. I wouldn't have TOO many but to list them all to help guide their purpose:

Scholars - Knowledge focused! Will this focus on advancements in civilisation?

Thieves - Underbog of society. Robin hood syndrome?

Traders - Could fixate on the professions more generally. Or specifically on movement of goods and establishing links with new like-minded trade partners!

Sailors - Sea-based adventurers! Could branch from your fisherman some chasing the big game, or looking for elusive treasures.

Pirates - Thieves guild of the sea. But then could/Should we consolidate this unto the Thieves guild? This could apply to Sailors to a degree as well.

Adventurers - Chasing the high of an adventure, could involve defeating strong adversaries or discovering ancient ruins, we know there are catacombs. Looking for mysterious treasures.

Fanatics - devoted to the lesser known entities such as the Lord of the Sandal.

Just a few ideas!
  • Options
    CROW3CROW3 Member
    Labor unions and organized crime.
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    Do we know what kind of impact the social orgs will play, besides providing quests and conflicts between other social orgs?

Also I don't think I'll worry too much about which social org ends up being at my node, I'll just role with whatever is there (based on rewards we know so far).
  • Options
    bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    McShave wrote: »
    Do we know what kind of impact the social orgs will play, besides providing quests and conflicts between other social orgs?

Also I don't think I'll worry too much about which social org ends up being at my node, I'll just role with whatever is there (based on rewards we know so far).

Some augments will be gained through social organizations.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Options
    McShave wrote: »

Talking to some people in the guild when we've had convos about this brought up a cool idea imo that had to do with some type of explorers organization. in which i responded, "I can see this Social Organization rewarding those who are consistently traveling the map. Also, what would be very nice is if certain locations were only discoverable by the this Guild. Therefore, having the synergy type of interaction with the other factions where they kind of rely on each other for other things to be able to have the full experience of each genre." Which I thinks gives the game nice action to those meeting new ppl and exploring Verra with them
    4ticemcuvf1g.png
  • Options
    Goalid wrote: »
    I hope there is a sailor's guild that's dedicated to mapping and taming the ocean in Verra. Maybe there can be a Pirate's guild that's in competition with them.

now that's what I'm talking about!