Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Caravans... Choose your Allies WISELY!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCUFvdxDj4g

The Caravan system... One of the most unpredictable Ashes of Creation systems. Whether you organize your guild to protect your caravan and someone even bigger is waiting for you behind that ridge to take your supplies! The potential spies in your guild, to being backstabbed because someone else paider heftier than you did. The caravan system is my most exciting feature of Ashes of Creation. In this video, I want to bring the practical ways people will be using this system and how untrusting it could potentially be! This will be Game of Thrones to a T. If you like the video, then HIT THAT LIKE BUTTON, SHARE IT with your friends! Also, let me know in the comments if you like this kind of content in general. SUBSCRIBE to my channel to stay up to date with Ashes of Creation and thanks for watching! And I'll see you… in the next one!
www.youtube.com/vlhadusgaming
slBtfHF.png

Comments

• My only worry is that the need to transfer resources isn't high enough. For example
    If all nodes have the ability to craft all items then whichever node has the resources will also be the location items are crafted. A guild will never run a caravan to another node if they can just craft what they need in their node, they will simply ask the person they need to craft the resources to come to their node. On the other hand

If military nodes have special smith stations, scientific nodes special alchemy tables, and divine nodes special enchanting altars, then you will be forced as the guild or player to transport resources gathered in node A to node B to utilize that node specific capability.

Even if you don't have those specific capabilities within each node some caravans will still run just to get resources from a village to a metropolis but I do hope they incorporate some level of necessary transport through certain nodes having special crafting areas within them
  • tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I expect that successfully sending caravans will speed node growth and probably will be required to grow the node to the next level.

I expect that successfully sending caravans will be required for players to progress in social organizations.

I expect that successfully sending caravans will be required for nodes to prevent corruption events and attacks.

I expect that successfully sending caravans will be required for castles to complete some defensive preparations.

I expect that successfully sending caravans will be required to obtain the certificates to siege higher level nodes.

I expect that successfully sending caravans will be required for guild advancement for size and perks.

I expect that successfully sending caravans will be included in many personal quests for crafters, breeders, blacksmiths, raising taverns to higher levels, getting quantities of higher-level mats for crafting and node buildings/apartment expansions.

I expect that successfully sending caravans will be required for religions to build higher level temples and for individuals to advance to office in religions.

I expect that successfully sending caravans will provide nice experience boosts.

I expect that there will be lots of other reasons to successfully sending caravans beyond the ones I have thought of.
  • One reason for sending and subsequent targeting of caravans is that tax money from Castle to Node will be sent via them periodically. Whenever sieged successfully will make for a very happy raiding party.

I am guessing most of the caravans would be sent during the slow hours of the server when there would be relatively less number of people online.
    "Suffer in silence"