Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Game related guides

This question is more of a request. Will you consider not allowing youtube/online guides for dungeons, farming, ect...
It will allow for a stronger community forcing players to talk to each other, saying "dont use guides if you dont want" doesnt apply bcuz it is a competitive game, besides allowing players to sell ingame books with secrets about a dungeon and such could be very cool and easy to implement.
thanks for reading this long post

Comments

• tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I hope that there aren't a bunch of guides, I agree that it makes the game less fun for the rest of us who want to play the game ourselves, not follow someone else's lame guide?

But how can IS prevent it? Isn't that the question we should ask?

They cannot prevent someone from posting on youtube under a different name.
  • tautau wrote: »
    I hope that there aren't a bunch of guides, I agree that it makes the game less fun for the rest of us who want to play the game ourselves, not follow someone else's lame guide?

tautau wrote: »

Thank you for answering so fast, cant IS copyright claim videos/notice before during streams/make a short youtube video explaining the idea. People enjoy cool new ideas from a cool new mmo
  • JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    No, Intrepid cannot Copyright Claim the videos. They would be done under a Section 107 Exemption for Educational Content.

Then Intrepid would look like clowns.
    hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101
  • AzryilAzryil Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I don't think there is any way around guides existing, with the evolution of streaming services over the last 20 years, it's become too easy for players to make guides and push them out to a large audience. And even before video guides existed we still had written guides and wiki style knowledge bases for games.
    k2U15J3.png
  • guides might be a little rare in ashes since not all servers are the same due to node development, your server might be the only one that unlocks something due to it the only one with a high enough node in that spot so guides for that might not exist.

That being said it would be nice if they atleast kept a bunch of things hidden or scramble thing on release, For example dont show all metropolis in alpha and so on so there still discovery left when game comes out, they could hide some content/dungeons and test them internally so players wont see them during testing.

Tbh i realy dont want them to allow max level in beta phases except maybe right near the end so people cant do all of it before game come out so some of it still atleast hidden on release.

Also dungeon idea that could be cool i just thought of what if there a resource node thats a big boulder and when it gets harvested 1 billion time for example it breaks revealing tunnels filled with mobs that rush out and attack players could be strong goblins or kobold or earth elementals and now bam there a dungeon that appeared there

Some thing triggering by other means not just node development could be interesting i reckon especially for that miner doing his mining thing then suddenly the rock he hit every day something breaks revealing a secret passage :P
  • StabilisStabilis Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I'm not trying to be funny or clever, but isn't the simple answer 'don't read them or watch them'!