Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Are packs getting more unappealing?

BirthdayBirthday Member
edited March 2022 in General Discussion
What do you think guys? Here is a link to pick your favorites or just answer if you think the last 4 packs have been horrible in comparison with others.

I feel like the last 5 packs have been dog shit. When I look back at all other packs - most are great. Is it just me?

This is my favorite: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Pre-order_packs_Aug_2018_-_Sep_2018

What are your favorites? What do you think about the last 4 packs?

Comments

• Options
    daveywaveydaveywavey Member
    edited March 2022
    I bought two pieces from this last one, and probably would have bought the Freehold Building too if I knew how they were going to be handling it. Good ol' "Lil' Spuddy"!

But admittedly, I haven't bought anything much from the previous packs for a while.

*edit for spelling* :(
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    I think they do a good job with the variety of cosmetic packs because people like different things :P
    The pack you like might not another person like. The pack u show looks good but i like more the pack that is now because i love the aesthetic beauty of it. The feeling of a magic nature :p
    I would love to have that boat and tree looking "house" <3
    The things i dont like in this pack are the mount and the small pet while someone else would love it :P

dyzkcx2l5ovv.png
  • Options
    Skyri02 wrote: »
    The things i dont like in this pack are the ... small pet

giphy.gif
  • Options
    Happymeal2415Happymeal2415 Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I've liked the last few. It's definitely a style preference thing though. I don't think the sets have been objectively worse
  • Options
    CawwCaww Member
    I agree with the others above, "To each their own." I pick and chose according to anticipated future gameplay style. The wide pack variety hopefully sells well to help keep the wheels greased.
  • Options
    tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    When people criticize the packs, then I go buy them. I'm off to buy Spud now, thanks to the OP.
  • Options
    No game no money.
  • Options
    tautau wrote: »
    When people criticize the packs, then I go buy them. I'm off to buy Spud now, thanks to the OP.

giphy.gif
  • Options
    VeeshanVeeshan Member
    edited March 2022
    Im waiting for an asian/japanese/kitsune kinda pack before i buy into it :P think there was one before but i missed it for the month.

I kinda wanna see a japanese shrine priest/priestess kinda pack but thats wishfyk thinking
    - White and red fox mount
    - White and red priest/priestess kinda robe for armor (or samari)
    - Shrine with a Tori gate

Thata be my ideal set but i doubt it happen since i dont think it realy fits any of the lore of the races in the game :P
  • Options
    The priority for the packs is to fill out the world with unique looking models. It is in player's best interest if they save most of the really good looking stuff for player obtainable items.
  • Options
    Lashing wrote: »
    The priority for the packs is to fill out the world with unique looking models. It is in player's best interest if they save most of the really good looking stuff for player obtainable items.

in game once could drop but just be different colour

for example the black and firey fox mount could be a white and red one (Think japanese kitsune) could be a pack mount kinda thing aslong as it not like 1 shade difference so there noticable it fine ithink to reuse assets from packs in game aslong as there noticably different
  • Options
    I think it is intentional... as many are worried what is sold in the packs will be better than what is offered in game...
  • Options
    SinderSinder Member
    edited March 2022
    It's definitely to each their own. I'm not a fan of the OP's gladiator look or junk style ship.

I love this more recent set: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Voyager_plus_pre-order_pack:_Jan_2022_-_Feb_2022

Aside from the terrible outfit. I love the large icebreaker with the aurora in its wake. I love the crystal fox. And the spooky glowing eyes of the raptor owl I love the tranquil waterfalls on the freehold skin and I love the spyglass.

I'll just need a separate outfit later down the line. But I love this.

All the cosmetics just come down to personal preference.
    wbauorbolxt1.png
  • Options
    Anduin KayvaanAnduin Kayvaan Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Alpha One
    Veeshan wrote: »
    Im waiting for an asian/japanese/kitsune kinda pack before i buy into it :P think there was one before but i missed it for the month.

I kinda wanna see a japanese shrine priest/priestess kinda pack but thats wishfyk thinking

Thata be my ideal set but i doubt it happen since i dont think it realy fits any of the lore of the races in the game :P

Sadly you have missed a few of the past asian themed or inspired sets, including a samurai armor set. I would not give up hope though. There is plenty of more months before launch and there will be more sets so you might luck out. Just keep pushing for more Ren'kai stuff since that is the asian inspired race.
    ckja7ry05gj4.png
    Gray Sentinels Guild Recruitment https://tinyurl.com/Gray-Sentinels
  • Options
    Anduin KayvaanAnduin Kayvaan Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Alpha One
    Lashing wrote: »

in game once could drop but just be different colour

for example the black and firey fox mount could be a white and red one (Think japanese kitsune) could be a pack mount kinda thing aslong as it not like 1 shade difference so there noticable it fine ithink to reuse assets from packs in game aslong as there noticably different

They have stated there will not be reshades of the cosmetics in game or ever obtainable. But what you might see is armor that takes pieces from the set or animals that look similar but might have different ears and what not.
    ckja7ry05gj4.png
    Gray Sentinels Guild Recruitment https://tinyurl.com/Gray-Sentinels
  • Options
    SnaleSnale Member
    This month's cosmetics were the style I was waiting for to buy my keys.

Dogshit to you, maybe, but I liked it enough for Voyager Plus. Such is the way with taste.

Potato clan represent
  • Options
    TrUSivrajTrUSivraj Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Yeah none of the plate costumes win me over, it's those druidic/naturesk sets like the vine vestment costume that stand out to me, and while saying that I don't like the current set, while a fellow ranger guildie loves it. You'll never please everyone with any one design theme.

Like I literally despise edgy skullwritten armor and costumes, yet those are also some of the more popular sets to the masses.
    Future Falconer, Top 1% PvPer and owner of Big and Beautiful Homesteads
    lnx3t1v8o8r9.png
  • Options
    Snale wrote: »
    Potato clan represent

giphy.gif
  • Options
    VeeshanVeeshan Member
    edited March 2022

Sadly you have missed a few of the past asian themed or inspired sets, including a samurai armor set. I would not give up hope though. There is plenty of more months before launch and there will be more sets so you might luck out. Just keep pushing for more Ren'kai stuff since that is the asian inspired race.

i only saw one going back though the list of the newletters tbh would love to see a caster/spirital japanese version set so like shrine priest things since we got a more wearrior themed one with the areana thing and samari armor set
    i ten to like cloth sets a little more than armored ones :P
  • Options
    The packs are assets being developed for use in the game environments, so of course they’re not going to be focused on mass appeal