Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Arena Events tied to nodes

arsnnarsnn Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
So recently i have been looking into a lot of ashes content again, simurghs podcast about competitive pvp in ashes got me thinking a bit.

For this idea i work with the assumption that the arenas in miliatary nodes act as portals for a server wide matchmaking construct.

I think it would be nice if the regional nature of nodes would also play a part in competitive PvP.
Starting from the town stage military nodes would have their own ladders. Those ladders are not designed to track your progress over a PvP season or to match you only with regional teams, they are rather intended as a qualification process to determine the best players or teams of that region.
In a tournament type of format those who did qualify will determine the victor, that gets to hoist his banner in the node.
The winners can pride themselves as the best PvPers in the region and may get an exclusive temporary mount that represents that achievement.

The node stages determine how big the scale of those events are.
Towns have a more regional focus with 16 players and 8 teams that can participate.
Cities have a continentral or server-wide focus, with a lot more participants and a different mount as reward.
Metropolises can be designed to have facilitate a cross-server event.

I think this could bolster regional belonging a lot, as teams and players not only fight in some kind of disconnected seasonal ladder, rather they fight to represent their regions.

As a side benefit it does also disincentivizes clustering of hardcore players in a single PvP node.