Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Character Appearance ID

How about letting the people copy a character creation into an ID to make other people being able to use the ID to get that exact Appearance?
I think it would be nice if you are able to share your beautiful creations and also for other people to play with an appearance they find beautiful and they identify themselves with.
n9p8t51wojzr.gif

Comments

• Options
    CROW3CROW3 Member
    I dig it. Reminds me of the slider positions published by BDO players so we could create the perfect Geralt. :D
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    JustVineJustVine Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I really want this to be a thing. I want 'beautician' to be a possible thing you can be. I'd love if this could involve some sort of player to player transfer of materials (not gold since that'd encourage gold farming) for it or something to incentivize it, especially with NPC's being customizable.
    Riding in Solo Bad Guy's side car

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Yhr9WpjaDzw
  • Options
    KarthosKarthos Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I'm not opposed to this, but I find it really lame to just copy someone else's appearance over making your own.

The only real applications I can see using it for myself would be if I want to make my character look like WIll Smith so I can slap people in game.
    Aq0KG2f.png
  • Options
    Karthos wrote: »
    I'm not opposed to this, but I find it really lame to just copy someone else's appearance over making your own.

The only real applications I can see using it for myself would be if I want to make my character look like WIll Smith so I can slap people in game.

That's actually WHY I want beautician to be a thing. You don't want a strict copy but you still want to stay relevant and trendy as a business person. A merchant doesn't necessarily care about the character creator, or have the skills to make popular and pleasing tavern maids/barkeeps/servers or shopkeeps. They want to appeal to the masses for a customized and impactful experience depending on their businesses theme and branding.

Not everyone is going to have the skills to master the character creator. BDO was a great lesson for the gaming community on that matter. But plenty of people are very skilled and have a wealth of talent and ideas.

Also replicating detailed likenesses of things from irl or media will definitely be a separate in demand expertise and is an additional reason why skin sharing would allow for trends and popular designs to flourish and be a real cultural force.

• Options

Even tough some people might just like the copy and paste aspect, but for me it's also the foundation of a character. People might spend a long time in creating an appearance and me using their foundation and adding other aspects to create something unique myself is also something in which you are able to find beauty and creativity.
    n9p8t51wojzr.gif
  • Options
    Elyon wrote: »

Even tough some people might just like the copy and paste aspect, but for me it's also the foundation of a character. People might spend a long time in creating an appearance and me using their foundation and adding other aspects to create something unique myself is also something in which you are able to find beauty and creativity.

Yeah that's definitely yet another reason. The devs can only fit in so many presets. Having access to nearly unlimited extra presets hand crafted by other people is a real bonus.

• Options
    IzilIzil Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    "im sick at making characters others will definitely copy me" which is not true btw and this is probably subjective, but its kinda lame and waste of time no offense. Like 90% of people want to make their own looks
    Izil.png
  • Options
    CROW3CROW3 Member
    Izil wrote: »
    "im sick at making characters others will definitely copy me" which is not true btw and this is probably subjective, but its kinda lame and waste of time no offense. Like 90% of people want to make their own looks

True. Though there may be others than want to use a template as a baseline and adjust from there.

AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    Izil wrote: »

What Crow3 just said and what I also explained earlier will probably be the case. Also this makes it possible to go with appearances from your favourite show. For example Daenerys Targaryen as an Ashes Of Creation character.
    n9p8t51wojzr.gif