Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Hidden Questlines

I would like to find hidden queslines by specific decisions that I take. For example hidden paths in areas in which I wouldn't expect them or NPCs that require a specific action of yours to give you the hidden quest. What do you guys think?
n9p8t51wojzr.gif

Comments

• ShoelidShoelid Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    There were a few of those in the A1. They didn't advertise where to get quests, and players discovered more as the alpha went on. It really encouraged exploration and talking to NPCs. There was even a dungeon boss that, when defeated, gave a quest. This wasn't advertised at all, people just discovered it after finding the boss for the first time.

Obviously we can't draw any specifics from Alpha 1, but that type of game design shows promise that you'll get what you're asking for here :)
  • Shoelid wrote: »
    There were a few of those in the A1. They didn't advertise where to get quests, and players discovered more as the alpha went on. It really encouraged exploration and talking to NPCs. There was even a dungeon boss that, when defeated, gave a quest. This wasn't advertised at all, people just discovered it after finding the boss for the first time.

Obviously we can't draw any specifics from Alpha 1, but that type of game design shows promise that you'll get what you're asking for here :)

That is very encouraging. I wish the game to be something that I can totally lose myself in. This is an important aspect for that.
    n9p8t51wojzr.gif