Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Inventory concerns in relation to multiple armor sets

With the mention of multiple armor sets for different encounters I have some concerns/questions regarding this.

Will we have loadouts for different armor sets?

Will we be able to lock inventory items to prevent accidental destruction/vendoring?

Will we have a separate inventory bag/slot for armor to keep them away from non-armor items?

Awesome stream! The character creator is amazing and it isn't even completed yet. I'm looking forward to using it. :)

Thank you for staying the course!

Comments

• Options
    ShoelidShoelid Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I second this concern, if this is something planned for in design then they should make sure there's not much friction surrounding it.
  • Options
    bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I disagree. Inventory management should be a thing once again. And if things have weight that should also be a concern.
    Having storage in your freehold or other home large enough to store extra sets and then have to think about and plan ahead on where your going and what your doing should be a thing.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Options
    ShoelidShoelid Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I disagree. Inventory management should be a thing once again. And if things have weight that should also be a concern.
    Having storage in your freehold or other home large enough to store extra sets and then have to think about and plan ahead on where your going and what your doing should be a thing.

Specific armor storage in your freehold would be nice, or maybe one could have their beast of burden carry extra sets. I agree that inventory management should be a thing, and carrying extra sets on yourself should have a cost to it, but if that cost is too prohibitive then people just get frustrated with the gearing system.
  • Options
    JustVineJustVine Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I like big bags and I cannot lie...
    Riding in Solo Bad Guy's side car

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Yhr9WpjaDzw
  • Options
    I think bags and freehold storage chests should be something you can craft. Not that the game should have a dedicated "armor inventory" but you as a player could craft/purchase a chest specifically to place your armor sets in to stay organized. As far as hot-swapping gear sets out in the world, that's not going to be a thing unless you want to take up space in your inventory to carry multiple sets around, and potentially risk losing them on death (depending how loot drop plays out). I think the items you're wearing are protected, not sure how items in your inventory will be protected from loot drop. Item sets I believe are intended to be swapped at your freehold or node storage in preparation for a particular event. They specifically want to create time sinks to go get your gear in order to prevent people from, for example, grinding PvE content & stumbling across a player they want to PvP and simply swapping gear sets to their PvP gear before engaging.
    f51pcwlbgn8a.png
  • Options
    I don't like the idea of having to run around with several sets of armor. I would assume you might also need/should run around with different weapons then. And not focus on speccing in a weapon at all. Jsut as stupid an idea