Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Thought on getting the player involved more with development

So i had a thought with character creator.

When it gets fleshed out a little more you could release the character creator out early and let players make characters that they can then submit to devs to use ingame for there NPC's this means devs spend less time in individual character designs and get players invested in the development cycle.

Comments

• Options
    bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    There was mention awhile back about releasing it early to allow players to mess around with it and maybe have a couple of presets. Maybe even a competition or two involving this as well.
    We can hope this happens. I have confidence they will do something along these lines but only time will tell.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Options
    "I would like to have the option for players to go in spend time, create characters save that character and then have it available in their suite their character creation suite as an option to preload at launch that they can take that's those settings and launch the character." Steven Sharif
    Source: Interview 8th August 2018

A fuller quote is in the wiki, which gives a better context.
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Character_creator
    Scroll down to the "Early Access" heading (approximately half way down page)
    Forum_Signature.png
  • Options
    McMackMuck wrote: »
    "I would like to have the option for players to go in spend time, create characters save that character and then have it available in their suite their character creation suite as an option to preload at launch that they can take that's those settings and launch the character." Steven Sharif
    Source: Interview 8th August 2018

A fuller quote is in the wiki, which gives a better context.
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Character_creator
    Scroll down to the "Early Access" heading (approximately half way down page)

I mean give the player access when its flushed out a little more and let them make character that can then be used in game for NPC by the devs
  • Options
    They said they will do Character Creator Competitions. The competition could VERY MUCH be a method of getting a whole bunch of free designs from the community in exchange for a few alpha/beta keys ;) Perhaps in exchange for giving the artist credit for their work.
  • Options
    JustVineJustVine Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I will add that they have stated this both in the past AND in the most recent stream. So they are staying consistently on message and are pretty vocal about committing to the goal of making it available before launch.
    Riding in Solo Bad Guy's side car

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Yhr9WpjaDzw
  • Options
    CROW3CROW3 Member
    If this becomes a thing, I would make 5 NPCs to match the Viva la Dirt League NPCs. That way you would have art imitating art imitating realty imitating art.
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png