Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Lore Nerd Hopes

Something that I think would be really cool is if ashes released a book or two before release as like a prequel or an intro to the lore, that could have some Easter eggs or hidden clues about the world in it. Having a way to jump into the lore and build a character from a place of being invested in the lore is something that I enjoy, Like how world of Warcraft had Warcraft 1 2 and 3 lore when it first came out, there was already a lot of investment in the game. I also think back to things like the rare pet goat in WoW that involved lots of travel and treasure hunt. It would be cool to have a treasure hunt to engage, I think a novel would be a great way to bring that into the game.

Comments

• Options
    AreiaAreia Member
    I would honestly love that especially to pass the time. Imagine finishing how the world was destroyed seconds before you launch the game, that would be a great way to amp it up!
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Like an Apoc book and/or a Sanctus book?
  • Options
    GoatrekGoatrek Member
    edited April 2022
    Ive been thinking about the same exact thing the last couple of weeks. Since there is a pretty low chance I would easily become interested/invested in yet another fantasy world and its lore if im dropped in there cold turkey ,an invitation into that world beforehand would be great. The big reason WoW felt familiar and some aspects of the world more interesting was because I had played warcraft 1,2 and 3 beforehand and understood the races and some of the places to a certain degree.

Perhaps a web comic or something, maybe outsourced so IS writers can focus on the game.
  • Options
    NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited April 2022
    Yup, I'd want this too. I have even suggested this in the past. Hire a couple of writers and let them start making books from before the apocalypse for starters.

A big contributor to Warhammer's success is all the books from different authors. Let's hear the adventures of Fotrek and Gelix in Verra pre-apocalypse.