Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Waiting on Alpha 2

StanjonesStanjones Member, Warrior of Old, Kickstarter
I don't come here often, in fact my account was "unbanned"? after logging in. I guess they ban you for not being active?

Anywho, just waiting on Alpha 2. I hope there's a date set soon. Been waiting 3 years to play something lol.

Just posting here so my account doesn't deactivate again.

Comments

• Options
    CROW3CROW3 Member
    I vaguely remember Margaret mentioning that when they moved the forums over to the new security infrastructure there was mixup with some accounts inadvertently being flagged as banned.

Either way - welcome back.
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    we could see a alpha 2 drop nov/December time thas what i am feeling but no one knows for sure just keep a eye out for content ramp up, drops on their streams and other socials mate, welcome back not long now and we will be in alpha 2
  • Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    We love warriors of old and we welcome you back.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    RAYZZRAYZZ Member
    I feel we first need to start seeing videos being called; Alpha 2 node whatever, Alpha 2 Gameplay... like they did with Alpha 1. And that videos started like 6 months or so before the actual Alpha 1, so ye. I don't think the Alpha 2 will just appear but they will try to do some marketing around it.
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    I'm literally dying for new MMO myself. I think with the introduction of UE5, i think we'll see A2 sooner than people may think. I expect Q3 with Q4 the latest with an announcement/date in Q2.
    m6jque7ofxxf.gif
  • Options
    arsnnarsnn Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    RAYZZ wrote: »
    I feel we first need to start seeing videos being called; Alpha 2 node whatever, Alpha 2 Gameplay... like they did with Alpha 1. And that videos started like 6 months or so before the actual Alpha 1, so ye. I don't think the Alpha 2 will just appear but they will try to do some marketing around it.

Exactly.
    Even if we´d get a major reveal every month from now on, like the freehold system , combat rework with all classes and augments, naval system , crafting, social orgs and so on, the trajectory would be towards early next year.
    And i wouldnt be hopefull about that at all, there is gonna be months with hardly anything revealed. I´d expect a lot of streams with mostly mounts and environments and some months with more incremental updates like 1 class or augment.
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    It will likely be later rather than sooner.

We should be seeing demos of all the races (both genders), all the classes and all the augment Schools, months before Alpha 2. We should also have the last two Know Your Nodes articles posted months before Alpha 2.

Demos of the augments will be a major clue that Alpha 2 might be around the quarter.
  • Options
    Happymeal2415Happymeal2415 Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Azrial wrote: »
    we could see a alpha 2 drop nov/December time thas what i am feeling but no one knows for sure just keep a eye out for content ramp up, drops on their streams and other socials mate, welcome back not long now and we will be in alpha 2

I hope so but i think it could be a little longer out. For alpha 1 we got a video called early alpha 1 preview in March 2020. We actually got into alpha 1 summer 2021. I'd speculate that we will probably get a similar video at some point and once we do we can start a countdown.
  • Options
    sorry to hear about the account issue. Hopefully with some luck we will see alpha 2 sometime this year
  • Options
    I unfortunately agree with everyone here :( Alpha 2 will be later than sooner. I'm keeping my hopes up for "later this year" but wouldn't be surprised if it came early '23.
    f51pcwlbgn8a.png
  • Options
    KarthosKarthos Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I unfortunately agree with everyone here :( Alpha 2 will be later than sooner. I'm keeping my hopes up for "later this year" but wouldn't be surprised if it came early '23.

Until we see where they are with Combat and that system rework, we have pretty much 0 reference for when Alpha 2 will be, and anything is just a guess pulled completely out of nothing but hopes and dreams.

We are close, yet so far until we see this system. We could be 6 months, or we could be a year out. Steven won't show us anything on it yet, which makes me think it's not yet even at a stage that small demos of it will be received well in Intrepid's opinion, which makes me think we still have a ways yet.

My gut says even early 2023 is too early.
    Aq0KG2f.png
  • Options
    Balrog21Balrog21 Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    if you watched the mmorpg interview with Steven, he stated once you start seeing articles, videos, etc about the game, THAT is when you will know Alpha2 is on the horizon.
  • Options
    ezenkrul87ezenkrul87 Member, Phoenix Initiative, Hero of the People, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Alpha 2 is somewhere in the future. I am sure once they know for sure we will know for sure and even then. Lots of other great things to do in life luckily.
    Ezenkrul - Phoenix Initiative
  • Options
    Dygz wrote: »

We should be seeing demos of all the races (both genders), all the classes and all the augment Schools, months before Alpha 2. We should also have the last two Know Your Nodes articles posted months before Alpha 2.

Demos of the augments will be a major clue that Alpha 2 might be around the quarter.

Sorry im out of the loop, what are the Know Your Nodes articles, and how do we know there are 2 more on the way? would love to read them, ill go searching now
  • Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Lithion wrote: »
    Dygz wrote: »

Sorry im out of the loop, what are the Know Your Nodes articles, and how do we know there are 2 more on the way? would love to read them, ill go searching now

Here:

https://ashesofcreation.com/news/2019-03-16-know-your-nodes-the-basics

https://ashesofcreation.com/news/2019-03-26-know-your-nodes-advance-and-destroy

https://ashesofcreation.com/news/2019-04-10-know-your-nodes-scientific-node-type

https://ashesofcreation.com/news/2019-05-32-know-your-nodes-economic-node-type

They had 4 from March to May of 2019 then stopped. I assume that there are at least 2 more, because they covered the Scientific and Economic nodes, but haven't done the Military or Religious nodes.

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    Lithion wrote: »
    I've spoken with both Margret and Steven several times in the last 3 years about posting the other two articles.
    Margaret says they've been written but Steven hasn't approved them.
    I told Steven we would be fine with having them posted while stating Nodes are still be tweaked and are subject to change, but he said..."People will tell you that until you make some changes - and then they're upset that you changed what they expected."
  • Options
    Its frustrating waiting so long for the Alpha 2. I am just concerned that this will turn into another Pantheon that we were promised 10 years ago and never culminated. We need a new MMORPG. Tired of revisiting the new TLP releases of Everquest every year when they drop :-(
  • Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Tempyst wrote: »
    Its frustrating waiting so long for the Alpha 2. I am just concerned that this will turn into another Pantheon that we were promised 10 years ago and never culminated. We need a new MMORPG. Tired of revisiting the new TLP releases of Everquest every year when they drop :-(

Keep in mind that we had Alpha 1 already. There was a real game and many people played it, including me. This isn’t vaporware.

MMORPGs take a long time to make. All of them. The development time of Ashes from its initial start is pretty much on par for a major online game.

Pantheon, for example, started 3 years earlier than Ashes and it’s still only in Pre-Alpha.

It helps that Steven is alive and well. Pantheon’s creator passed away 3 years ago.

(RIP McQuaid, I loved EQ.)

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    It isn't vaporware...yet.

Yes, we've played Ashes.
    Pantheon has had some pre-Alpha testing.
    I don't know how different Ashes' Alpha One is from Pantheon's pre-Alpha.

We continue to see considerable scope creep.
    Expect more delays. Especially with the dev goal of making significant changes based on tester feedback.
  • Options
    VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
    edited April 2022
    Our messaging for players who need to verify or re-verify can say that you've been "unbanned" rather than "verified." Rest assured, this does not mean you've been banned and unbanned if that is the case!

We are all patiently waiting for Alpha 2. I know I'm tremendously excited to play it as well! Luckily I have some other games I'm playing in the meantime to hold me over, lol.

What games are you all playing while you wait? ^_^
    community_management.gif