Concerns about the viability of getting 100% collectibles (Mounts, pets etc)

As a big fan of collectibles in MMOs such as mounts and pets I am worried that mechanics such as the breeding mechanics in animal husbandry will prevent completion of collections due to the amount of unique variations possible. I'm hoping that only the base of any particular mount or pet is needed to count as being acquired and that things like unobtainable skins will not leave an empty stain forever on an account. What do you guys think about mount collections and 100% acquisition of collectables?

Comments

• I don't think ashes is the kind of game where you're intended to 100% anything.

Also unique legendaries which will be one of a kind will exist.
    Twilight is nigh the inferno shall rise. Fall in line, your soul is mine.
    9u9aa7k6gdsu.gif
  • bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    With the node system being a driving force behind what we experience in the world and don't being able to collect 100% in anything will most likely be impossible. Some things may never populate on your server.

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Reactive_world
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I want all the trophies!
  • CROW3CROW3 Member
    “I was never good enough to get a trophy. Then I discovered you can buy trophies. Now I’m good at everything.”

- Demetri Martin
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Tomf00lery wrote: »
    What do you guys think about mount collections and 100% acquisition of collectables?
    Even if you limited your collection to in game mounts only, there are still mounts that only 10 - 12 players per server will have at any one time, and those mounts only exist in the game for 30 days before they are gone.

My hope is that there is no collection system at all for mounts, as it simply doesn't make any sense to exist in Ashes.
  • Given what they said about the character creator being used for animal husbandry, there’s no way you can collect 100% of the possible combinations. They likely number in the millions.

But you’ll be able to get all the basic “breeds” assuming you put in enough time and effort, besides flying mounts unless you go very hardcore for them.
  • George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    I cant imagine how easy and shallow an mmo has to be to make it feasible to 100% collect things.
  • CawwCaww Member
    I hope there will be plenty of slots available to display the various collectables in housing and show-off a decent stable. Housing mannequins for costumes and armor/weapons should be plentiful as well.
  • NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    I cant imagine how easy and shallow an mmo has to be to make it feasible to 100% collect things.

It's a rare occasion when you and I completely agree on something, but i do completely agree here.
  • Taleof2CitiesTaleof2Cities Member
    edited April 2022
    MMOs are the absolute worst genre for players that like to:

-- clear all the achievements.
    -- obtain all in-game collectibles.
    -- "beat the game".

If you're one of those players, set your expectations accordingly.
  • Taleof2CitiesTaleof2Cities Member
    edited April 2022
    (duplicate post)
  • I'm actually glad you can't get everything. It's going to make for some incredibly unique builds. Can't wait to see some incredible Asmon transmog/mount competitions 😁
  • I personaly dislike a 100% chance of collecting everything possibility. I love people in the world beeing unique, i love seeing that guy that is the only one having that item, and every one on the server know he's name. I will probably never be that guys, but even the chase is fun.
    I would love if the game only had 40% possible collecting probability.
  • Hailee wrote: »
    I don't think ashes is the kind of game where you're intended to 100% anything.

Adding to this great point, some mounts will have a specific lifespan. So even if you somehow managed to get 100% of all mounts kinds of mounts, some will eventually die and you'll need to either get them again or breed them.

So you're literally not meant to have all mounts at all times
    Sig-ult-2.png
  • TalentsTalents Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited April 2022
    Hailee wrote: »
    I don't think ashes is the kind of game where you're intended to 100% anything.

Yep. Unique legendaries are 1 per server so good luck getting all of those.
    nI17Ea4.png
  • Tomf00lery wrote: »
    As a big fan of collectibles in MMOs such as mounts and pets I am worried that mechanics such as the breeding mechanics in animal husbandry will prevent completion of collections due to the amount of unique variations possible. I'm hoping that only the base of any particular mount or pet is needed to count as being acquired and that things like unobtainable skins will not leave an empty stain forever on an account. What do you guys think about mount collections and 100% acquisition of collectables?

You'll never collect 100% of mounts or indeed anything. Nodes will prevent that and also there will be extremely rare mounts where only couple guild leaders will have access to after conquering a castle etc.
  • I'm an avid collecter in mmo's. I'd especially love the ability to obtain previous monthly items all the way back from the kickstarter. In-game or real money is fine with me.
  • unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited April 2022
    Xilfarth wrote: »
    I'm an avid collecter in mmo's. I'd especially love the ability to obtain previous monthly items all the way back from the kickstarter. In-game or real money is fine with me.

It won't happen. We have multiple quotes saying just that and the reasoning behind it. Here is just one.
    Pay attention to the last line in the second paragraph.
    misinfoslam.png?width=1072&height=1013
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg