Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Thoughts on the April cosmetic pack?

ShoelidShoelid Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
The Road To Desolation

Looks interesting. I like the costume cosmetic skin.

A couple things that stood out to me:

GhoulsGhuuls as a pet. Are they human sized or smaller? The flavor text says that Corruption turned them undead, which is interesting. Didn't know that could happen.

The flavor text of the Desolation Outlander costume says "Tempted by tales of massive strikes of priceless verrite and clusters of magically attuned eskra crystals...". This is the first I've heard of these... Are they potential crafting materials?

Interested to see what they do with this stuff in game. I've always been a fan of badlands/deserts/salt flats biomes.

Unfortunately I missed the chance to buy a couple items from last month. They were in my cart when it switched over. Oh well, it's probably for the best. What do you guys think about the new stuff?

Comments

• Options
    CawwCaww Member
    It has some good desert creep going but my ranger only does woodland so no purchases this month..
  • Options
    bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Looks really good. I really like the mount.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Options
    CaerylCaeryl Member
    edited April 2022
    “Ghuul” Sir, that is a Falmer

Edit: another round of “is this just flavor text or can we actually find these resources there”
    Tempted by tales of massive strikes of priceless verrite and clusters of magically attuned eskra crystals
  • Options
    CROW3CROW3 Member
    Caeryl wrote: »
    Sir, that is a Falmer

Exactly what I was thinking. Or like a bone leshen.
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    Good on IS for keeping their word.
    Ingame armor looks will be much better than the pro-launch cosmetics. I hope they keep releasing shop costumes in line with the current level.
  • Options
    SawtoothSawtooth Member
    edited April 2022
    I like it. Everything being so rudimentary is good for Orcs, and Tulnar. While the desert theme is good for Vaelune or anyone wanting to make a desert theme character/node.

They really ticked a lot of boxes this month.
    They did a great job, especially after a few months of things targeted specifically for Elves and Dwarfs.
  • Options
    I think it was a really nice skin pack much better than last months nothing on the standard of last month it was just not for me personally. i would imagine the ghouls are a little bit smaller than a human but maybe they will make them a decent size.
  • Options
    ShoelidShoelid Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Azrial wrote: »
    I think it was a really nice skin pack much better than last months nothing on the standard of last month it was just not for me personally. i would imagine the ghouls are a little bit smaller than a human but maybe they will make them a decent size.

Yeah not everybody will like every month's cosmetics. This month isn't really for me, but I like the costume. If the ghuul is a little smaller than a human instead of super small, it would be really cool.
  • Options
    mcstackersonmcstackerson Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I like the incorporation of bones in the cosmetics. Kind of wish they did more with it on the costume and accessory.
  • Options
    It's not really my things. But oddly, I really like the costume skin. I like that kind of scavenger vibe.
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    It's very apoc-punk. I have to think of what type of alt I want wearing that outfit.