Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Face recognition for the character creator

Hey there!

After watching a clip where Asmongold was recreated on the character creator I realized that the tool has so much potential to put our faces in the game. I think it would be cool to add a feature that takes a picture of our faces through a webcam and then put it on the character. I know it wouldn't be a high-priority feature right now, but eventually would be something nice to have. What do you think?

Cheers.

Comments

• Options
    dirtypumadirtypuma Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2017-02-07-biometrics-gaming-and-privacy-laws

this was linked in the discord. is it safe if added to the blend feature only? as in the preset of your face is locked unless used in the blending mode.
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    This is a feature of MetaHuman Creator.
    Seems like it won't be a feature of the Ashes character creator. Probably several reasons why it shouldn't be included... a major one being the nightmare it could create for Customer Service complaints.
  • Options
    tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    @Dygz is totally right. There wouldn't be anything from stopping me from using your picture, or anyone's picture. Your ex could use your picture. Anyone could use a singer or movie star or politician's picture. Ugh squared.
  • Options
    This feature has been used by 2K in their sports-game character creators for years.
    There are no legal issues with this.
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I think what you mean is 2K has a robust enough Customer Service team to deal with the issues.