Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Ashes of Creation FREEHOLDS Taking a DIP into one of my favourite systems | Possible issues?

uhzdvuwi95ng.png

FreeHolds

So I recently did a video on the Freeholds in ashes of creation (insert video here)
And it got me thinking about housing in MMOs and how everyone is going to want a Freehold in Ashes of Creation. However with everyone wanting them (and wanting them in the node there a citizen of) this going to run into issues due to the limited amount of plots for freeholds per node, how are Intrepid planning on dealing with people not being able to get freeholds in the area they want? Will there be an experience debt per day like there is on the nodes so that if someone goes inactive their freehold slowly delevels and eventually decays?
As we've seen with games like Final Fantasy 14 and Archage the land rush or housing rush is highly competitive in games. So in Ashes where the freeholds are not only are player housing but are also practical housing (where you'll be able to run businesses, farm, grow crops, and process your crafting materials) how are intrepid going to deal with nodes becoming overpopulated to the point where people start complaining that they can't get a freehold and you have people who aren't using there's?
I personally think that something similar to the nodes would work well, where every day the freehold has a certain amount of experience debt, it shouldn't impact the player too much from their plans for the day. It would mean if a player was active they'd easily be able to work off the debt, but if the player was inactive or didn't use the freehold it would slow delevel and eventually decay meaning another active player would be able to purchase and place their freehold.

We already currently have if a node is sieged successfully then freeholds can be attacked for up to two hours after the successful siege but that relies on the node having a successful siege which wouldn't be very useful to the people wanting the inactive freeholds destroyed as then their node is destroyed and has to be releveled.

I'd like to see what other people's ideas are on this and if you think overpopulation of a node is going to affect freehold availability? Any ideas?