Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Raid specific Group Defensive Abilities

ShadowVenShadowVen Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
edited October 2022 in General Discussion
This is an idea that I had thought of and wanted to hear your thoughts on this .
These group spells/skills will only be available during 40 Man raids (or higher) and require 5 of the same archtype to begin casting simultaneously within 1 second. I wanted to focus on Raid specific Defensive group spells/skills rather than offensive due to the fact that I figured it'd be easier to balance the defensive aspect. These abilities would not be augmented nor modified, and are specific to Primary Archtypes. However, knowing that other skills will have augments (which we have limited info on) this entire concept could change dramatically on its effects. Although these may seem OP in many cases, please think of the high risk that these could cause. You are taking 5 members (key members in certain circumstances) out of the fight for 15 seconds. I had this high risk, high reward mentality, however I'm open and welcoming all opinions = )

Questions to you -
Do you think the Cast time is too long? (Should it be lowered to 10 or 12s?)
Should the duration be shorter?
Should there a be a limit to the number of Group Abilities being cast in a single raid encounter?

• Requirements: 5 of the same Primary Archetypes.
  • Cast Time: 15 seconds
  • Cool down: 60 mins.
  • Duration: can vary but for this example all durations will be 8 seconds
  • Limitations: Only 1 Group ability/buff can be active at any time

1. TANK: Absolute Shield Defense :
Increases each Raid member's current Def value within AoE by 35% and Gives 35% chance to block all projectiles

2. MAGE: Force field Aura
Within AoE, all Raid members gain an independent forcefield that absorbs 20% of all incoming damage.

3. CLERIC: Remedial Flood
Raid members standing on the AoE healing waters regenerate 15% of their max HP every second.

4. ROGUE: Mist Explosion
All members within Casting AoE will receive Mystic stealth, which gives Stealth, movement speed increased by 25%, and Hate/aggro level reset back to 0. This ability removes all snare or immobilization effects on players.

5. RANGER: Call of the Wild
All members of Raid within extremely large hearing area will gain increases senses. Gaining 50% increase to Evasion stat or flat 15% chance to evade all attacks and spells. Whichever is higher

6. SUMMONER: Final Summoning Rite
Summoners beckon a Fearless golem for each Raid member that follows that player, pulling 100% aggro of an enemy (or enemies) that are targeting that player and takes up to 5 Hits of incoming damage. AoE damage will not be blocked by the golem, but does count toward a hit to the golem. Golem will dissapear once duration expires.

7. BARD: Ballad of Sanctus
All Raid members regenerate 8% of their max HP, 8% of their max Mana, and 15% of their max stamina every 2 seconds.

8. FIGHTER: Spirit of the Warrior
All Raid members within AoE receive the spirit of ancient warriors, which give 25% reflection. 25% of All incoming dmg is reflected back to the enemy.
[img][/img]

Comments

• Options
    LumberJakLumberJak Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    You're definitely correct when you say that some of these are OP.

Also I'd probably change it so it's a channeled ability that people have the option to join instead of having everyone have to activate it within a second. (Something like a warlock portal in WoW where they start the ability and it just keeps channeling until enough people join in.)
    pyej7hzp5dvp.gif
  • Options
    ShadowVenShadowVen Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    The channeling part is a great idea, however, if any moment a player can just jump in to join channeling, this would reduce the risk greatly. I think there could be a very small window after you begin the channeling for members to join in. If casting time is 15 seconds, I'd say have the join window be up to 3 seconds, causing the remaining 12 seconds to be casting time for those 5 members.

Imagine removing 5 primary healers out of a raid for 12--15 seconds. The risk is high that you very may wipe. Thus giving high regeneration to every member in that very large AoE for 8 seconds. might take 2 seconds of regeneration to recover life lost from removing healers ( including healers beginning to heal once more after the spell is complete). This giving you 5-6 seconds of regeneration more to sustain the raid.
    [img][/img]
  • Options
    Definitely hope there'll be synergistic abilities like these. Balancing is a whole different issue, but definitely want this kind of mechanic.
  • Options
    LinikerLiniker Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    sounds good to me :) would def like to see something like that
    img]
    Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui