Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

My New WOOD FLUTE is Made Out of Your DEAD ELF's Branchlers!

Can we get some morbid items? Drinking mugs made from upside-down Orc skulls, mortar-and-pestles using half of a Dwarf's femur bone, necklaces with multiple, different-colored eyes hanging off of them?

Anyone considering the Necromancer would probably agree. I'm not saying you should be able to skin or "harvest" other players for such items; Other, reasonable means are always an option - like decoration/cosmetic rewards from advancing in Arenas.

A lot of Earth's societies have historically made decorative use of human remains; Why not also in AoC? Would love to don a Cloak of the Tulnar.... named such because it's MADE out of the hide/scales/blubber of a Tulnar!

ion6dxsbp29l.jpg

Just keeping an eye on my keys....

Comments

• Options
    CROW3CROW3 Member
    I worry about you sometimes.

… but not enough, since I plan on using your necromancer’s teeth for my maracas. 😳
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Um. That wood is not my branchlers...
  • Options
    HumblePuffinHumblePuffin Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I'm not saying you should be able to skin or "harvest" other players for such items;

Not in any graphic animated way but I think this would be cool if it wasn’t for people turning to ashes when they die. Could be a grey item that drops that is normally just vendor trash, but skilled artisans could make a mug from the “skull of Tyranthraxus”.

Maybe only corrupt players could do this, doubling down on this “evil” like play style.
  • Options
    Im down for some tulnar skin boots, or a nice tulnar fur coat. :)
  • Options
    I like the idea, I just wonder if it would work with Ashes lore, where players turn to ashes when they die.

For sake of the thought experiment: I suppose you could use a bone from a severed leg, but that begs the question - Does the dismembered leg turn to ash when the person dies? If not, does the resurrected person come back still missing their leg? If they regain their leg AND the dismembered leg still exists, does that mean you can you clone your own body parts?
    f51pcwlbgn8a.png
  • Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Imagine a barbershop on Verra. Folks trimming hair which falls to the floor as ashes. You have people sweeping up the ashes after each haircut. Your manicurist needs to blow ashes away as your fingernails get trimmed.

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    CROW3CROW3 Member
    Atama wrote: »
    Imagine a barbershop on Verra. Folks trimming hair which falls to the floor as ashes. You have people sweeping up the ashes after each haircut. Your manicurist needs to blow ashes away as your fingernails get trimmed.

This strikes me as a place a serial killer would work. :D
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    I really like the word "branchlers." it is great.
  • Options
    I just realize, if we continue with the "parts of your body that get removed turn to ash" concept, this game can become Ashes of Exfoliation.

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Or Ashes of Adders - Snakes shed skin too.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    AetyrAetyr Member
    edited May 2022
    I rlly like the hair turning to ashes at barbershop idea which would look awesome in many other situations too.
  • Options
    AetyrAetyr Member
    edited May 2022
    -
  • Options
    HumblePuffinHumblePuffin Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Aetyr wrote: »
    Cat*

There’s a little gear looking thing that appears near the top right of your posted comments where you can edit your comment.
  • Options
    Aetyr wrote: »
    Cat*

I was hoping you were talking about cars stalking and killing their prey.

OgvdfD.gif

But you meant cats, how boring.

tumblr_maimjd6Xqg1rpduwho1_500.gifv

Hhak63P.png