Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Instanced Training Area

So I own a company on new world and we made a post about it there as well. But in our opinion this would be something that would help make sieges and wars advance or at least give them the potential to be more advanced in strategy then just going into it. That idea was a instance based training area where you can replicate any type of war or battle area and you can bring in your guild or maybe two allied guilds to train war tactics and how pvp would work in real time. This would allow a lot of guilds to create tactical strategies that aren't based off of losing your first 5 wars because you haven't gotten to break your guild into how war works. I know at first in New World the wars were..Pitiful and they were absolutely a slug fest. But it took a few months for companies to start using specific strategies (Mind you since new worlds war system is kind of meh the strategies weren't that in-depth) I just think instead of doing what our company does which is "War training" in a specific area of the map having a instance where you can put in the effort if you so desire to train your guild to have specific war moves and such. I think it would add a lot too the guilds that want to win and want to be organized rather then being the test dummy. Free for any thoughts on this personally I only see a benefit from it but would like to hear other perspectives! :)

Note: I understand that if wars are laggy to begin with making the instance base only 50 or 100 people limit is fine it still allows you to test certain things.

Comments

• NiKrNiKr Member
    If Intrepid resorts to having sieges be instanced, I'd definitely like this kind of feature, and in theory it wouldn't add to much work for developers. But if the sieges remain open world, I'm not sure if this would be feasible. I'd love to be wrong on that.
  • NiKr wrote: »
    If Intrepid resorts to having sieges be instanced, I'd definitely like this kind of feature, and in theory it wouldn't add to much work for developers. But if the sieges remain open world, I'm not sure if this would be feasible. I'd love to be wrong on that.

100% Agree, this idea would only be worth while if its instanced based. Which I would assume it would be but who knows. I feel like this would be a easy thing to add (Going with the belief its going to be instanced based)
  • LinikerLiniker Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I don't think we need this, they already have a lot of work to do if we are to get AoC before 2025 - and I think training is something that guilds can organize themselves; in Mortal Online 2 people need to group up, travel to wherever they can and practice, and this helps to make well-organized guilds stand out from the others that don't wanna go through all that just to practice - if everyone could just press a button and get to an instance to practice it would take away from that
    img]
    Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui
  • I think one thing AoC has over NW is you can easily flag as a combatant and practice where you couldn't really do that in NW. So theoretically anyone could organize two opposing raid parties to spar against each other in the open world. This obviously wouldn't be real siege practice with siege weapons and such, but it would give you a mock scale PvP battle.
    f51pcwlbgn8a.png
  • NiKrNiKr Member
    I think one thing AoC has over NW is you can easily flag as a combatant and practice where you couldn't really do that in NW. So theoretically anyone could organize two opposing raid parties to spar against each other in the open world. This obviously wouldn't be real siege practice with siege weapons and such, but it would give you a mock scale PvP battle.
    At least right now, you can't flag on your party/raid/guild/ally-mates. So it'd be difficult to setup a mock battle between 2 allied guilds or parties of the same guild.
  • tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Though you could use non-guild alts, right?
  • NiKrNiKr Member
    tautau wrote: »
    Though you could use non-guild alts, right?
    In theory yes, but it would obviously require everyone to have alts, which might exclude those who don't want to make them. Or it would just promote making alts, which Intrepid is trying to avoid afaik.
  • tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I don't think that you are correct that they are trying to avoid alts. Steven has said that using alts as spies in enemy guilds is what he expects to happen.

Of course, alts are generally lower level than are mains, which is a drawback of using alts for PvP practice, though each team could be half alts and half mains.
  • DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Intrepid is not trying to avoid people making alts.
    I would not make an alt that is exactly like my main. Especially not for the sole purpose of combat training.