Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Playing Monsters

WybornWyborn Member
edited April 2022 in Support & FAQ
I've read about the Monster Coin events and they sound pretty fantastic. It seems like most games normally have your more civilized races that go forth into the unknown to battle their adversaries. Monster coins look like a fun way to play the adversary whatever it may be. Would it be possible to have specific monsters that you could choose to play with your coin on an individual level? I loved being able to play as a spider in Lotro. Even though it had a limited area to field it felt a lot different than playing your normal humanoid character. I liked how they were able to level up and gain different abilities and skins. You wouldn't have to worry about making numerous suits of armor and weapons fit your character from a developer's view. There could be numerous different monsters to choose from. I'm not sure how common monster coins will be. Just floating thoughts.

Comments

• Options
    ShadonSolShadonSol Moderator, Member, Alpha One
    Monster coins can only be utilized during time-limited monster coin events. So you'll not be able to play as a monster the whole time.
    As for how common they are, monster coins are rare drops or can be purchased from the cosmetic store. They are not tradeable.
    All the most recent information can also be found in the wiki article:
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Monster_coins

I'm moving this thread to the FAQ section and closing it, but please feel free to reach out again if you have any more questions!
    volunteer_moderator.gif
This discussion has been closed.