Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

For RP'ers? /Ignore Should Also Make the Harasser Invisible in Safe Zones

2»

Comments

• Options
    ariatras wrote: »
    Sathrago wrote: »
    ariatras wrote: »
    Ruined weddings, ruined guild expeditions, ruined public events; Yours truly has both hosted and attended plenty of player events that have been ruined/crashed by trolls.

In addition to not having to see what they are saying, would it be feasible to make a player on your Ignore List invisible, while in safe zones?

I wish they would. but they don't really care about the RP community. Back in the old Forums, Megs and myself made many a post, one of which with the -least- amount of developer input, was to simply have a server with an RP tag. But this request was shut down because: Ashes of Creation, considers building the town, and all the things that come with it, upkeep and all to be RP, and as such, essentially every server is an RP server.

So don't get your hopes up.

So they tell you they dont want to officially recognize a server as 'the' rp server and that suddenly makes them not care for the rp community?

Quite the extreme conclusion you came up with there.

Its not like you cant group up with other like minded players and say x server is where you should go if you want to rp. You do not need a label to call a server the rp server, just make it that way yourself.

No, they don't want to do the absolute minimum to foster a good RP community, so having them program anything for it is wishful thinking at best.

I think you have been trained by other games so much that you cant do something as simple as declaring x server is the rp server in your community. If you have a ton of players rping on a single server it will become known as the rp server. With what they have said they want to do for rp, you will have plenty of tools to do so. Much more than a mundane label and some basic emotes.
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
  • Options
    JustVineJustVine Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I agree with what you said over all Sathrago, but I mean Steven didn't understand what /em was for let alone how it was supposed to work. He is super tone def and has zero idea what RP servers are like and what makes for a healthy and fun experience on one. It would be kind of weird to me if he doesn't have people who have that sort of experience on the team to guide that part of the experience design. After all, if you have a skills deficit you can buy people who make up for that short coming. Alternatively you don't think it's a meaningful part of the experience and don't hire such people.

I'm kind of hoping his hilarious floundering on stream was a visible enough sign for him that he'll be able to make it part of his hiring focus (or just in house sourcing people who already have experience with it on the team to have a stronger voice/ability to educate him) in the future. I know it's what I would do in his position since I don't like looking stupid when I'm trying to be genuine in my willingness to understand a community different than my own.
    Riding in Solo Bad Guy's side car

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Yhr9WpjaDzw
  • Options
    JustVine wrote: »
    I agree with what you said over all Sathrago, but I mean Steven didn't understand what /em was for let alone how it was supposed to work. He is super tone def and has zero idea what RP servers are like and what makes for a healthy and fun experience on one. It would be kind of weird to me if he doesn't have people who have that sort of experience on the team to guide that part of the experience design. After all, if you have a skills deficit you can buy people who make up for that short coming. Alternatively you don't think it's a meaningful part of the experience and don't hire such people.

I'm kind of hoping his hilarious floundering on stream was a visible enough sign for him that he'll be able to make it part of his hiring focus (or just in house sourcing people who already have experience with it on the team to have a stronger voice/ability to educate him) in the future. I know it's what I would do in his position since I don't like looking stupid when I'm trying to be genuine in my willingness to understand a community different than my own.

Oh I agree it was not good that he didnt know what people were asking for, and I expect him to learn real quick because of how well he pays attention to his community's feedback. I half expect it to be the ice breaker "oopsie" for his next video.

That being said I fully support the idea that he should hire people focused on the rp side of things if he has not already done so.

5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Haha!
    Well...it's been 4+ years already!