Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Furnishing Houses Interest?

How popular does everyone think furnishing will be in AoC? My latest experience with New World is that it was basically an after thought for 99% of people and the majority of people who did buy a house only did it for the extra recall and storage bonus, beyond that their house was essentially empty. Maybe New World just left a bad taste in my mouth for becoming a Furnisher. Do other people have better experiences in other games? How confident are we that Furnishing will be an engaging part of AoC?

For context: I spent a considerable amount of time becoming one of the top furnishers on my New World server and invested a lot into creating spreadsheets and marketing myself. It was profitable but it was a very niche industry.
f51pcwlbgn8a.png

Comments

• Options
    HumblePuffinHumblePuffin Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    That really depends on who ends up playing the game on whether or not it’ll be used and to what extent but I think there are some factors that make it more appetizing.

-just having lots of options to choose from

-solid “hook” placements, or “free place” options.

-intuitive UI

-furnishing that serves a purpose so people want to come visit your player housing.

It will probably be a little niche just cause you have to have players that care about this stuff. I also think it has a lot to do with how long players stick with a game. Lots of player might see stuff like this and fashion as after thoughts but the more they play the more they get into it.

This is how I was with Warframe and SWtOR at first. I just wanted to play the game but as I got to end game and had more downtime suddenly I started spending entire play sessions making my player housing look nice, or painting my Frame to be just the way I liked it. Took a lot of time before I even considered doing any of it though.
  • Options
    unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Intrepid has the whole "furniture should have meaning" well in hand. Unlike NW where it was mainly cosmetic outside of the trophies and storage chests, Ashes furniture has differing levels of quality and bonuses associated with it. Even shared buffs by sleeping in a high quality bed with others.
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Furniture
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • Options
    CawwCaww Member
    I don't spend time on housing & decorating but the players that do really add a lot to the base community with their enthusiasm. I hope there is enough to attract and retain that segment.
  • Options
    ZahieZahie Member
    edited April 2022
    I love housing and decorating. I spend lots of time decorating and finding and unlocking cool stuff for my house. But unfortunately I haven't been able to play any mmorpg's with a really good housing system. Most are only "dead" cosmetics.
    I want the interior to have meaning and being able to interact with it.
    Collectibles found in the world like plants and idk.. rocks, books, trophies of animals, insects and such for decorations would be cool. Especially different kinds of plants, that's really something that many games lacks as decorations.

For me a really good mmorpg has to be a lot more than just crafting, gearing and combat, which can be repetitive and boring if that's the only main things to do because then it is just the same as so many other games that is already out there. I want it to be immersive in many aspects.

Edit: And I would definitely buy furnitures since I'm more of an gatherer than a crafter.