Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Awesome New Info On the Node System / Latest Update Video

It was brief, but SS really went into a lot of really cool stuff I hadn't about before, in the latest update video. In particular? The "Node Relics".

Was this stuff we knew about before? It feels like yours truly had gone over all the info on the Nodes previously, many times; It's what initially lured me into looking into AoC, in the first place. However, I've never heard of this concept before.

We'll apparently be able to contest/capture/steal and even "sabotage" Node relics. We also got more insight into the administrative powers that the arch-Nodes will have, over their vassal Nodes. If anyone hasn't watched through the latest update, it felt like a LOT of new information, though I could be wrong.

Have we had any information on "Node Relics", previously?

Comments

• HumblePuffinHumblePuffin Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    That’s what this cinematic was meant to represent. Not a whole lot of info on it though.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ns74HQhmWW4
  • NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited April 2022
    Have we had any information on "Node Relics", previously?

We have, but probably mostly in the older dev streams. ;)

The Reliquary system is one of the things I am most hyped about in the game actually. Done right it can promote amazing community-based gameplay.

Stuff like this for example:
    Let's say for example there is a dragon nearby and this dragon is a large raid boss; and the number of citizens that the node has that participates in that raid the first time- if you have 30 citizens present you may not achieve the relic. And it's not a matter of capturing it at that location taking back to the city. It'll automatically manifest within the reliquary if a number of citizens accomplish a particular achievement a number of times necessary to create the relic. So if you only have 30 citizens present at that raid boss you may need to do that raid boss four or five six times in order to unlock the achievement which grants the relic in the reliquary. So it's essentially incentivizing the citizens to participate in the world events around the node.

Combined with this:
    Relics are embodiments of certain types of achievements. You may have the scale of a dragon that's been defeated- the all-scale aspect of it- and from that every week a citizen might be able to derive one scale material component that can be used across a plethora of high-end types of crafting.

Everyone in the node benefits from relics, including people who may not be cut out for raiding, but can help supply the citizens who do through other means.