Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What Made This Bad?!? Ashes of Creation April Update

JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
https://youtu.be/2KD3VTP53Ro

I wasn’t planning on doing a video for the Ashes of Creation April live stream. There wasn’t any meat, there wasn’t anything sexy (except for a few goblins). The only reason I’m making this video is because I want to get feedback from people about what made this livestream “bad” ? I kept hearing that the livestream was bad, and I’m trying to figure out if that is because it was a let down from the previous month that had the character creator? Was it the fact it was over hyped with the teaser video? Was it just more of the same with no feeling the game is making progress?

Please leave a comment on the video or wherever you are finding the video (Forums, Reddit, etc.). Let me know if you thought the livestream was good, bad, or neutral and if you felt it was bad, put down a few reasons why.
hpsmlCJ.jpg
Make sure to check out Ashes 101

Comments

• Options
    tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I did not think that the livestream was bad, not at all. I felt like I got some interesting and solid information as well as nice graphics, goblins and landscape.

I will theorize that the decision to call the livestream 'good' or 'bad' depends on the player. A bit of that could be your mood and if your digestive system is working smoothly. But most of it is probably if the livestream dealt with topics which you are particularly interested in and your reaction to the content of those topics.

The Event System is something I am quite interested in, so I liked the presentation. Someone who didn't care about that and wanted combat mechanics would, of course, express disappointment. When they do the combat mechanics, which I don't particularly care much about, I may be disappointed and you might be happy.
  • Options
    SpuriusSpurius Member
    edited May 2022
    I think people just got spoiled with every single of the last updates having some spectacular announcement or amazing teaser video, and this update was just regular, things as usual.
  • Options
    fabulafabula Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I think it was good. It would be naive to expect major polished working system each month and I like the approach Steven has taken with not showing things that are work in progress until a decent demo can be made out of them.

Its just the nature of the internet to have a vocal minority of attention seeking keyword-warriors looking for something to complain about. This creates the illusion that they know something they actually don't and will always conveniently fail to elaborate because that would shatter the illusion.
  • Options
    I thought they could have went into more detail of what they were working on... I felt it was very much, we worked on 1,2,3,4,5... ok but what are some things you did specifically towards 1 and 2 and 3???... maybe have some photos or video on it.