Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Combatant Status Cooldown

WhoaUrTiltedWhoaUrTilted Member
edited May 2022 in Support & FAQ
Hello everyone,

I was looking through the corruption system and I was unsure of how the 90 second combatant cooldown works. I looked through the forums and didn't find the answer I was looking for, was hoping you fine folks could fill in the blanks.

The wiki says "Players remain flagged for a period of 90 seconds following their most recent attack on a non-combatant or another combatant."

So after the 90 seconds is up do the players go back to being a "normal" non-combatant? Or do they still generate corruption? Would a player be able to kill a player, chill for 90 seconds, and then attack again and never reach corrupted status?

I just want to make sure I have a proper understanding of what I am reading, I appreciate everyone's time!

Comments

• Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    A combatant doesn't generate Corruption.
    So, yes, after 90 seconds of no combat, the Combantant would become a Non-Combatant.

A Combatant could kill a bunch of Combatants and Corrupted and never gain Corruption.

A player character who kills a Non-Combatant gains Corruption
  • Options
    ShadonSolShadonSol Moderator, Member, Alpha One
    As @Dygz has helpfully noted, combatants will automatically "unflag" and revert back to a non-combatant after 90 seconds. You cannot logout while being flagged as a combatant.

Corrupted players can not unflag automatically - they'll have to remove their corruption manually, as outlined here:
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Player_corruption#Removing_corruption

I'm moving this thread to the FAQ section and closing it, but please feel free to reach out again if you have any more questions!
    volunteer_moderator.gif
This discussion has been closed.