Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Vampire race?

Hey,

i wanted to ask if there will be a vampire race or a way to be become a vampire in general? I dont know much about the lore of the game yet, so im not sure if thats even possible, but personally i would love to see one :)

Comments

• George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    The creator said no.
  • NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Victoria wrote: »
    Hey,

i wanted to ask if there will be a vampire race or a way to be become a vampire in general? I dont know much about the lore of the game yet, so im not sure if thats even possible, but personally i would love to see one :)

No vampire race announced or hinted at. And lore-wise I would say it's very unlikely we'll see it.
  • DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Well... we do have Necromancy and life-drains.
    Some form of Vampire NPC is possible.
  • Song_WardenSong_Warden Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    You could play Demonic Shaman and have Vampire Summons. Blood magic too :)
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • CROW3CROW3 Member
    Not a fan of vampires. They tend to suck in combat.

😳
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • JustVineJustVine Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Yeah they usually involve really high stakes game play. Get's the blood pumping but really bites if you mess up... Pretty draining really. When it comes to character races you really gotta let the right one in.
    🔦🔱⚔️Selling pro pain and pro pain accessories. ⚔️🔱🔦
  • okay, thanks everyone for the responses! :)

thats sad to hear, but i totally understand if it doesnt make any sense lore-wise.
  • Yokai TheaterYokai Theater Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    So there is no vampire race and there is no way (or talk) of becoming a vampire or werewolf like in ESO.
    there is however room in the lore for vampires, we do have undead and people trying to use "the essence" (basically magic) to gain immortality. One way you could do it (story telling wise) is have it where a person became corrupt and now has to feed off of others "Life Essence" through drinking blood to sustain their immortality
  • AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited May 2022
    So there is no vampire race and there is no way (or talk) of becoming a vampire or werewolf like in ESO.
    there is however room in the lore for vampires, we do have undead and people trying to use "the essence" (basically magic) to gain immortality. One way you could do it (story telling wise) is have it where a person became corrupt and now has to feed off of others "Life Essence" through drinking blood to sustain their immortality

Sounds a lot like Corruption in this game.

You can go that route and claim to be a vampire for as long as you can stand it. Until the debuffs and XP debt and lost resources and gear get to be too much.

Hhak63P.png
  • VoidwalkersVoidwalkers Member
    edited May 2022
    Doesn't have to be vampires, but it could be fun to have mechanisms that buffs / debuffs a character's stats/abilities during day / night or when under the influence of other environmental factors ...... if it doesn't hurt the game balance too much.
    There is a dark and twisted path players can choose. Sounds like it's not connected to increasing Corruption Score.
  • I'd like to see some Tulnar customizations that would lead your character to be a vampire. It makes sense lore wise because the Tulnar were pushed into living underground and turned into all sorts of different types of humanoids (werewolf like people). So, I believe lore wise, this is very plausible. Just need to have red (maybe glowing) eyes, semi pointed ears (as a customization) mostly resemble humans or elves, pointy toofers, and pale skin options... Boom Vampire Tulnar! :smiley: ... Please?... lol
  • CROW3 wrote: »
    Not a fan of vampires. They tend to suck in combat.

😳
    JustVine wrote: »
    Yeah they usually involve really high stakes game play. Get's the blood pumping but really bites if you mess up... Pretty draining really. When it comes to character races you really gotta let the right one in.

yall are punbelievable
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • Dolyem wrote: »

yall are punbelievable

That’s a bit INXSive.

AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
    Ren'Kai are the vampire race of Ashes.
  • PenguinPaladinPenguinPaladin Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited August 2022
    Some things can just be left to the imagination....

If you can make a character that suits your look. If you can pick a class that fits your feel. If you can use cosmetics to fit your theme. If you can use augments to make your skills more akin to what you want in your character....

But the game doesnt lable me a vampire...

Im so sorry for you?
  • Dygz wrote: »
    Ren'Kai are the vampire race of Ashes.

Ren'Kai are the orcs of AoC aren't they?

• But the game doesnt lable me a vampire...

Im so sorry for you?

Don't know who the contemptuousness is directed toward or why it is there in the first place - but you miss spelled "label"
    Happy adventuring!
  • Ren'Kai are portrayed as orcs with a description similar to that of berserkers.

It's unfortunate that vampires won't be included in AoC. The ideal scenario would be if any race had the potential to be turned into a vampire, and this would visually modify the character's canine teeth.
    PvE means: A handful of coins and a bag of boredom.
    I'd rather not have a stealth racial addition to the game. I'm older now and resist my old manias. I never liked the vampire and werewolves in ESO. I definitely don't want Vampire or werewolf to be sold in AoC shop.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • No atleast not on release u never know in the future however but atm definelty a no.

that being said you might be able to get armor sets and thing to make urself look like a vampire to a degree or on that theme/style i guess but race itself no
  • GalvyrGalvyr Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Vampires are kind of a staple of modern fantasy and make for fascinating and intriguing adversaries. I feel like they should be in the game just for the fun factor. I don’t see a player being able to be one though.
  • 3 years ago someone had a similar question over on the Subreddit and the answer at the time as that there would be racial skins, which COULD include werewolf, undead or even angels.

So while I am not a fan, I guess there is a chance for it.
    The answer is probably >>> HERE <<<
  • HinotoriHinotori Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Kilion wrote: »
    3 years ago someone had a similar question over on the Subreddit and the answer at the time as that there would be racial skins, which COULD include werewolf, undead or even angels.

Angel already 100% confirmed for release.

But yes they can add new racial skins in the future.
    lsb9nxihx5vc.png
  • Natasha wrote: »
    Kilion wrote: »
    3 years ago someone had a similar question over on the Subreddit and the answer at the time as that there would be racial skins, which COULD include werewolf, undead or even angels.

Angel already 100% confirmed for release.

But yes they can add new racial skins in the future.

I can see the Halloween skin sales already.

Anyone waiting for wolfgirl skins in here?
    The answer is probably >>> HERE <<<
  • VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
    While players becoming vampires is not a planned feature, players may come across or fight vampires in Verra 🧛‍♀️🦇🩸😱
    community_management.gif
    Vaknar wrote: »
    While players becoming vampires is not a planned feature, players may come across or fight vampires in Verra 🧛‍♀️🦇🩸😱

Much hype, much like the undead in the livestream.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Victoria wrote: »
    Hey,

Why should you want vampires In a universe you don't know anything about? Or do you want the standard vampire lore in every fantasy universe you see?
  • Nope
  • Vaknar wrote: »

Dang and here I thought I could become a Vampire Assassin. Very Sadge.